Kellogg Community College was founded in 1956 by the Battle Creek Board of Education. In 1970, voters created an area-wide college district supported by local tax dollars. KCC, which has sites in Battle Creek, Albion, Coldwater, Hastings, and in the Fort Custer Industrial Park, offers approximately 100 pre-professional college/university transfer curricula; 40 occupational associate degree programs in health, business, technical and science fields; 30 certificate programs aimed at job preparation; and related training for apprenticeships. KCC serves approximately 14,500 students annually on five campuses and through its Lifelong Learning and customized training programs. KCC also provides workforce development services tailored for and delivered to area businesses and organizations in a wide range of sectors. In recent years, KCC has provided specialized training for thousands of employees at hundreds of businesses across the region.
The College was fully reaccredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools most recently in 2012.
The KCC service district covers Barry, Branch and Calhoun counties in south central Michigan. The tax district includes most of Calhoun County and small portions of Barry, Branch, Hillsdale, Kalamazoo and St. Joseph counties. KCC, a nonprofit institution, is governed by a publicly elected Board of Trustees, which sets policy and budgeting priorities.
Kellogg Community College is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age or disability in its programs, services or activities. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies can be made to either the Vice President for Instruction or the Director of Human Resources, 450 North Avenue, Battle Creek, MI, 49017-3397.
“We are dedicated to providing accessible, high-quality education to enrich our community and the lives of individual learners.”
Core Components of Mission
- We engage students in learning experiences that lead to enhanced employability and successful transfer to other educational institutions.
- We develop students who can think critically, communicate effectively, and demonstrate global awareness.
- We partner with the communities we serve to support economic vitality and stability through the development of a skilled local workforce.
- We provide the educational resources and student services that promote, support, and enhance student success.
- We advocate lifelong learning for all members of the community, providing local residents with educational and cultural opportunities that result in personal growth and development.
Kellogg Community College will be recognized as a premier institution of higher education, having achieved excellence through innovation, quality instruction, a culture of continuous improvement, and learner-centered decision making. Working together across the College, we support an environment that values:
- Student success through collaboration, cooperation, and academic rigor
- Positive relationships with students, employers, our staff, and the community
- Quality and continuous improvement
- Innovation, creativity, and flexibility
- Personal and professional integrity, and accountability
- Staff development