Board of Trustees
The Kellogg Community College Board of Trustees, a seven-member body of publicly elected officials, meets at 6:30 p.m. on the third Wednesday of every month. Meetings are open to the public; taxpayers, residents and KCC employees are encouraged to attend. Unless otherwise announced, Board of Trustees meetings are held inside Room 301A, Roll Health and Administration Building, 450 North Ave., Battle Creek, MI, 49017. Notices of regular and special meetings, as well as cancellations, are physically posted in the Roll Building.
NOTE: The Kellogg Community College Board of Trustees has rescheduled its regular December 2016 meeting (originally scheduled for Dec. 21) for 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 14, 2016. The meeting will take place in Room 301A, Roll Health and Administration Building, 450 North Ave., Battle Creek, MI, 49017.
As a policymaking body, the Board of Trustees makes decisions that keep KCC financially stable, creates partnerships in the communities served by the College and enables learning experiences to help students become employable and successful. Students are at the heart of every decision.
KCC Board Members
Mr. Steve Claywell is the Business Manager and Financial Secretary for the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 445 in Battle Creek. Claywell is a Battle Creek native who graduated from Battle Creek Central High School, served in the U.S. Navy, served on the U.S.S. Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN-69) and is also a Desert Storm Veteran. Claywell is very active in the community, currently serving on the International Festival of Lights Committee, the South Central AFL-CIO Labor Council, the Calhoun County Michigan Workforce Development Board, the Kingman Museum Board, the Southwest Michigan Building and Construction Board, as Chairman of the Michigan Electrical Employees Healthcare Plan board, as Trustee on the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Pension Plan board, the Battle Creek Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee and on the Kellogg Community College Foundation Board. Claywell is married with three children.
Ms. Booth earned her Bachelor of Arts in Economics from Kalamazoo College and her Juris Doctorate from the University of Michigan Law School. Currently, she works as a regional administrator for the Michigan Supreme Court, State Court Administrative Office in Lansing, Mich. She is a member of the State Bar Association of Michigan, the Calhoun County Bar Association and Phi Beta Kappa. Booth is active in the local community as a member of the Calhoun County Senior Millage Allocation Committee. She is married with four adult children.
Mr. Davis is a 1988 graduate of Marshall High School, where he excelled on the gridiron, earning 1st Team All-State Honors and a full athletic scholarship to play football at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Science in 1992. After a stint as the Inter-Collegiate Athletics Strength and Conditioning Coach at North Carolina Central University in Durham, NC, Davis returned to Marshall and began a career in real estate brokerage. He is currently licensed as a Broker and was appointed by Gov. Rick Snyder to the State of Michigan Board of Real Estate Brokers and Salespersons, where he serves as the Chairperson of the Board that oversees the implementation and enforcement of real estate license law. He served two terms as president of the Battle Creek Area Association of Realtors and currently is its treasurer. He has served a four-year term on the Michigan Realtors Board of Directors and serves on several national Realtor committees. Davis also is Chairperson of the Marshall City Planning Commission and volunteers extensively in the community and with his church. He is married to Leigh and has four daughters.
Ms. Harrington is a University of Toledo graduate with an M.B.A. from Golden Gate University and a law degree from J.D. Capital University School of Law. Ms. Harrington serves as a Federal Attorney at the Federal Center and is a retired officer of the United States Air Force Military and former business owner. She has served on the United Way Board of Directors, was a member of the Ohio State Bar Association, and is a published author and playwright. Ms. Harrington is divorced with two young adult children.
Jonathan D. Byrd
A product of Battle Creek and Marshall Public Schools, Jonathan Byrd was awarded the Gold Key Scholarship while attending Kellogg Community College and has a B.A. from Olivet College. Currently the Legislative Director for the Michigan Laborers’ District Council and member of Laborers’ Local 355 based in Battle Creek, Mr. Byrd is a Tomorrow’s Political Leaders Fellow through the Institute for Public Policy and Social Research at Michigan State University. Mr. Byrd is also actively involved in the community, having served as the Chair of the Calhoun County Democratic Party, Member of the Senior Millage Allocation Committee, Board Member for the Friends of the Albion Library, and Albion NAACP member.
Mrs. Camp Seifke works for Gull Lake Community Schools. She attended Battle Creek Public Schools and Bellevue High School. Camp Seifke graduated from Kellogg Community College with an Associate degree and transferred to Western Michigan University, where she obtained a Bachelor’s degree with a major in Special Education and a minor in Social Studies. She has served in her community as a Calhoun County commissioner and remains active with Wakeshma Church and the Cereal City Sunrise Rotary Club. Camp Seifke was awarded the Athens Area Lions Everyday Hero Award and the keys to the City of Albion. She is married with three grown children and grandchildren.
Mr. Patrick A. O’Donnell graduated from Lakeview High School in 1990, then earned an Associate in Applied Science degree from KCC in 1993 and a Bachelor of Science degree in electronics from Siena Heights University in 1994. O’Donnell is a board member of the Pennfield Lacrosse Club, an assistant scout master with Boy Scout Troop 374 and is a member of the Battle Creek Metropolitan Area Moustache Society. He attends Grace Community Church and lives in Battle Creek with his wife, Belinda, son, Jacob, and daughter, Emma.
KCC Board Minutes
- Board Minutes Oct. 19, 2016
- Board Minutes Special Meeting Oct. 6, 2016
- Board Minutes Sept. 27, 2016, Governance Workshop
- Board Minutes Sept. 21, 2016
- Board Minutes Aug. 30, 2016, Governance Workshop
- Board Minutes Aug. 17, 2016
- Board Minutes July 20, 2016
- Board Minutes Special Meeting June 30, 2016
- Board Minutes June 15, 2016
- Board Minutes April 20, 2016
- Board Minutes April 12, 2016, Governance Workshop
- Board Minutes May 18, 2016
- Board Minutes March 16, 2016
- Board Minutes Feb. 17, 2016
- Board Minutes Jan. 20, 2016
- Board Minutes Dec. 16, 2015
- Board Minutes Nov. 18, 2015
- Board Minutes Special Meeting Oct. 27, 2015
- Board Minutes Oct. 21, 2015
- Board Minutes Sept. 16, 2015
- Board Minutes Aug. 19, 2015
- Board Minutes Aug. 13, 2015, Governance Workshop
- Board Minutes July 15, 2015
- Board Minutes June 30, 2015, Governance Workshop
- Board Minutes June 20, 2015, Governance Workshop
- Board Minutes June 17, 2015
- Board Minutes May 27, 2015
- Board Minutes May 21, 2015, Governance Workshop
- Board Minutes April 22, 2015, Governance Workshop
- Board Minutes April 15, 2015
- Board Minutes March 18, 2015
- Board Minutes Special Meeting Feb. 25, 2015
- Board Minutes Feb. 18, 2015
- Board Minutes Jan. 21, 2015
- Board Minutes Dec. 17, 2014
- Board Minutes Special Meeting Dec. 12, 2014
- Board Minutes Nov. 19, 2014
- Board Minutes Oct. 15, 2014
- Board Minutes Sept. 17, 2014
- Board Minutes August 20, 2014
- Board Minutes July 16, 2014
- Board Minutes Special Meeting June 26, 2014
- Board Minutes June 18, 2014
- Board Minutes Special Meeting May 27, 2014
- Board Minutes May 21, 2014
- Board Minutes April 16, 2014
- Board Minutes Special Meeting March 31, 2014
- Board Minutes March 19, 2014
- Board Minutes Feb. 19, 2014
- Board Minutes Jan. 15, 2014
- Board Minutes Dec. 18, 2013
- Board Minutes Nov. 20, 2013
- Board Minutes Oct. 16, 2013
- Board Minutes Special Meeting Oct. 7, 2013
- Board Minutes Sept. 18, 2013
- Board Minutes Aug. 21, 2013
- Board Minutes July 17, 2013
- Board Minutes June 19, 2013
- Board Minutes May 22, 2013
- Board Minutes April 17, 2013
- Board Minutes March 20, 2013
- Board Minutes Feb. 20, 2013
- Board Minutes Jan. 16, 2013