Bruin Scholarship Open Golf Outing
Registration and sponsorship opportunities for the KCC Foundation’s 2015 Bruin Scholarship Open are now available! For more information, see our 2015 Bruin Scholarship Open brochure.
When: Friday, Sept. 11, 2015
Where: Binder Park Golf Course, 7255 B Drive South, Battle Creek
Time: Start from your cart! Check-in is at 9 a.m. and golfers will take the course at 10 a.m.
When: Oct. 8, 2015
Where: Battle Creek Country Club, 318 Country Club Drive, Battle Creek.
Bid a Brighter Future
This annual KCC employee auction began in 2004 as the result of an innovative idea from Dr. Dennis Bona. Since that first auction, thousands of dollars have been contributed by KCC staff, faculty and administrators for the benefit of KCC student scholarship awards.
The Starfish Award honors and recognizes faculty and staff of Kellogg Community College for excellence in education. Nominations for the award are submitted by graduating KCC students. The Starfish Award is presented at the annual Commencement Breakfast.
To nominate a KCC employee for a Starfish Award, fill out the 2015 Starfish Award Nomination Form and return it to the KCC Foundation offices on the first floor of the Roll Building on the North Avenue campus.
2014 Starfish Award Winners
The 2014 Starfish Award winners, pictured above with KCC President Dr. Dennis Bona and the student(s) who nominated them, are:
- Theatre Instructor/Coordinator Brad Poer, nominated by student Jesse Alexander Talamantez.
- Nursing Instructor Karen Kulhanek, nominated by students Sarah Okamoto and Desiree Anne Zoet.
- RMTC Welding Paraprofessional Bob Day, nominated by student Chad Orton.
- OIS/Business Instructor Kimberly Madsen, nominated by students Erin McLain, Victoria R. Mellino and Asia Robinson.
- Admissions Representative Russ Bortell, nominated by student Taylor Lewis.
- English Instructor Elizabeth Kerlikowske, nominated by student Tiffany Thatcher.