The KCC Foundation hosts several events each year supporting our scholarship students and thanking our generous donors and members of the KCC community. Check back often for upcoming event dates and times or contact us for more information.
When: First Friday following Labor Day
Where: Binder Park Golf Course, Battle Creek
This annual signature event raises funds for the KCC Foundation General Scholarship Program. Since 1998, the Bruin Open has raised close to $800,000 from generous sponsors, donors and golfers. On September 11, 2015, over 240 golfers, 120 sponsors and contributors and over 60 staff and volunteers helped raise $95,000. To reserve a foursome spot or consider a sponsorship for the 2016 Bruin Open, contact the KCC Foundation.
Where: Battle Creek Country Club
Scholarship recipients, donors, KCC Board of Trustees, KCC Foundation Board Members, and KCC staff come together to express gratitude, honor the generosity of donors, and to meet student awardees.
Bid a Brighter Future
This annual KCC employee auction and raffle began in 2004 and nearly $100,000 has been contributed by KCC staff, faculty and administrators for the benefit of KCC student scholarship awards. Special activities such as Jeans Day Fridays, Fun Fines, and entertainment adds to the excitement of the event. The 2016 Bid a Brighter Future will be held on January 13.
- A list of prizes and silent auction items can be downloaded here: Bid a Brighter Future Prizes and Auction items
- A list of item donors, committee members and event volunteers can be downloaded here: List of Donors and Volunteers BABF 2016
The Starfish Award honors and recognizes faculty and staff of Kellogg Community College for excellence in education. Nominations for the award are submitted by graduating KCC students. The Starfish Award is presented at the annual Commencement Breakfast.
To nominate a KCC employee for a Starfish Award, fill out the 2016 Starfish Award Form and return it to the KCC Foundation offices on the first floor of the Roll Building on the North Avenue campus.
2015 Starfish Award Winners
- Computer-Aided Drafting and Design Professor Randy Kopf, nominated by student Gary Simison.
- Counselor TJ Mohl, nominated by students Tehanne Cooney, Diane Marie Noble, Christopher Norris, Bob Psalmonds and Heather Tramel.
- Career Advisor/Sociology Adjunct Instructor Chuck Newman, nominated by students Nathan Gambrel and Megan Neely.
- Computer Engineering Technology Professor Ruth Schultz, nominated by student Bryan Goddard.
- Academic Support Paraprofessional Andrea Stemaly, nominated by student Greg Shields.