Gold Key Scholarship applications are available now! The deadline to apply is Feb. 15, 2017. Download the application here: Gold Key Scholarship application
You must have an Admissions Application on file with the KCC Admissions Office prior to completing the scholarship application. You are required to provide your KCC student ID number on the application.
The Kellogg Community College Foundation Gold Key Scholarships are the College’s most prestigious scholarships, recognizing and encouraging outstanding academic and personal achievement. Funded by several generous private donors, financial need is not a criterion for the Gold Key Scholarship.
The Gold Key Scholarship totals $9,000. Recipients are awarded $4,500 each year for up to two years. All scholarship applications are given equal consideration by a scholarship committee appointed by the KCC Foundation. The selection committee will review the applicant’s academic records, school, community, and service activities. At the completion of the review process, the committee will select Gold Key finalists to appear for a personal interview before a final determination is made on scholarship awards. Acceptance of this scholarship nullifies all other scholarship offers from KCC.
Criteria and Guidelines
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States or eligible non-citizen.
- Graduating from high school in same academic year as application submission (2017 graduate).
- High school cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- ACT of 22 or higher or SAT of 1030 or higher.
- Demonstrate leadership experience; community and service activity and school involvement.
- Scholarship funds will be credited to the student’s KCC financial aid account. Scholarship awards can be used for KCC tuition, fees, and/or books. Unused funds will not be refunded.
- Scholarship funds cannot be used at a different college or university.
- KCC employees and their dependents are not eligible.
Gold Key Recipient Responsibilities
- Register for the First Year Seminar (Honors) in your first fall semester as a KCC student. Registration and participation is required.
- Adhere to the KCC Student Code of Conduct, as specified in the Student Handbook.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student (12 credits or more) for the fall and spring semesters and maintain a minimum 3.2 cumulative grade point average.
- Follow an approved KCC curriculum (transfer program or associate’s degree).
- Become a member of the KCC Honors Program, which includes fulfilling Honors Program completion requirements.
- Attend the KCC Foundation Scholarship Event held in the fall.
- When eligible, join Phi Theta Kappa (the International Honors Society of the Two-Year College) and maintain active involvement.
- Write a thank you letter to your scholarship donor each spring semester.
- Actively participate in one or more college co-curricular activities each fall and spring semester, which may be through, but not limited to: Student Leadership Institute, Student Life events/programs, student organizations, vocal and/or instrumental music, theater, and/or the Bruin Newspaper.
- Attend at least one enrichment program each fall and spring semester, on or off campus, such as, but not limited to: theater productions, guest lectures, concerts or film presentations.
- Attend at least one mandatory meeting each fall and spring semester as determined by the Manager of Student Life.
- Submit a completed Gold Key Scholarship application by February 15, 2017. Answer each question to the best of your ability.
- Include a copy of your Student Aid Report, if you completed a FAFSA, or complete financial information section.
- Include a copy of DD Form 214, if you are a military veteran.
- Submit an essay of at least 150 words but no more than two pages addressing each of the following:
- What college(s) you plan to attend after KCC.
- Why you have chosen your field of study; what led you to this decision?
- Future career goals; the profession or occupation you intend to enter.
- Describe your leadership experience and what you learned from it.
- Attach a copy of your official high school and college transcripts (if applicable). If you have taken classes at KCC, print a course history in lieu of an official KCC transcript.
- Provide a copy of your ACT or SAT scores.
- Attach a résumé of employment history, school, community, and service activities.
- Enclose two signed current letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, employers, and/or community members.
The deadline to apply for a 2017-18 Gold Key Scholarship is Feb. 15, 2017.
Faxed applications will not be considered. Applications received or postmarked after this published deadline may not be considered.
Please return completed application and all documents by mail, email or in person to:
Kellogg Community College Foundation
450 North Ave.
Classroom Building Room 101
Battle Creek, MI 49017-3397