The Virginia M. Hensley Education or Health Care Two-Year Transfer Scholarship recognizes outstanding academic and personal achievement, and is awarded to a graduating Kellogg Community College student transferring to one of the following Michigan Public Colleges or Universities, which offer baccalaureate degrees in Education or Health Care.
- Central Michigan University
- Eastern Michigan University
- Ferris State University
- Grand Valley State University
- Lake Superior State University
- Michigan State University
- Michigan Technological University
- Northern Michigan University
- Oakland University
- University of Michigan
- Wayne State University
- Western Michigan University
The recipient(s) of the Hensley Transfer Scholarship will receive $12,000 for each of two years, for a total of $24,000
All scholarship applications are given equal consideration by a scholarship committee appointed by KCCF. The selection committee will review the applicant’s academic records, school, community, and service activities.
Criteria and Guidelines
- Applicants must be a citizen of the United States or eligible non-citizen.
- Applicants must graduate Spring 2014 from Kellogg Community College, and transfer to a Michigan Public College or University which grants a baccalaureate in Education or aHealth Care field and be a full time student.
- 3.5 cumulative GPA or higher.
- Demonstrate leadership experience, community and service activity and school involvement.
- Applicants must provide an acceptance letter from the college to which they will transfer.
- All awards will be sent directly to the baccalaureate degree granting institution.
- Maintain 3.5 cumulative GPA or higher.
- Remain a full-time student Fall and Spring semesters.
- Submit a completed Virginia M. Hensley Education or Health Care Two-Year Transfer Scholarship application by March 14, 2014. (Answer each question to the best of your ability.)
- Submit an essay with at least 150 words, but no more than two pages addressing each of the following:
- Why you have chosen your field of study; what led you to this decision?
- Future career goals; the profession or occupation you intend to enter.
- Describe your leadership experience and what you learned from it.
- Who influenced you the most while attending Kellogg Community College and why?
- Attach a copy of your course history from KRIS (unofficial KCC transcript).
- Attach a copy of your acceptance letter to the baccalaureate degree-granting institution.
- Attach a résumé of employment history, school, community, and service activities.
- Enclose three signed letters of recommendation from professors, academic advisors, employers, and/or community members.
If any of the above items are not received by the deadline, the application will not be considered.
For the 2014-15 academic year, the deadline was 5 p.m. March 14, 2014.
Faxed applications will not be considered. Applications received or postmarked after this published deadline will not be considered.
Please return completed application and all documents to:
Kellogg Community College Foundation Scholarship
450 North Ave.
Battle Creek, MI 49017-3397