Click the following link to open the Virginia M. Hensley Transfer Scholarship application and make sure to read the guidelines below.
The Virginia M. Hensley Education or Health Care Two-Year Transfer Scholarship recognizes outstanding academic and personal achievement, and is awarded to a graduating Kellogg Community College student transferring to one of the following Michigan Public Colleges or Universities, which offer baccalaureate degrees in Education or Health Care.
- Central Michigan University
- Eastern Michigan University
- Ferris State University
- Grand Valley State University
- Lake Superior State University
- Michigan State University
- Michigan Technological University
- Northern Michigan University
- Oakland University
- University of Michigan
- Wayne State University
- Western Michigan University
The recipient(s) of the Hensley Transfer Scholarship will receive an award equal to the lesser of the annual tuition of the year of the award in question at Western Michigan University or the actual annual tuition for the year of the award in question at the university the recipient elects to attend, plus fees, books, and materials.
All scholarship applications are given equal consideration by a scholarship committee appointed by the KCC Foundation. The selection committee will review the applicant’s academic records, school, community, and service activities.
Criteria and Guidelines
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States or eligible non-citizen.
- Applicant must graduate during the 2015-2016 academic year from Kellogg Community College, and transfer to a Michigan Public College or University which grants a baccalaureate in Education or aHealth Care field and be a full time student.
- 3.5 cumulative GPA or higher.
- Demonstrate leadership experience, community and service activity and school involvement.
- Applicant must provide an acceptance letter from the college to which they will transfer.
- All awards will be sent directly to the baccalaureate degree granting institution.
- Maintain 3.5 cumulative GPA or higher.
- Remain a full-time student Fall and Spring semesters.
- Submit a completed Hensley Transfer Scholarship Application by the deadline. Fill in the fields on the application form and print. Answer each question to the best of your ability.
- Include a copy of your Student Aid Report, if you completed a FAFSA.
- Include a copy of DD Form 214, if you are a military veteran.
- Submit an essay with at least 150 words, but no more than two pages addressing each of the following:
- Why you have chosen your field of study; what led you to this decision?
- Future career goals; the profession or occupation you intend to enter.
- Describe your leadership experience and what you learned from it.
- Who influenced you the most while attending Kellogg Community College and why?
- Attach a copy of your course history from KRIS (unofficial KCC transcript).
- Attach a copy of your acceptance letter to the baccalaureate degree-granting institution.
- Attach a résumé of employment history, school, community, and service activities.
- Enclose three signed letters of recommendation from professors, academic advisors, employers, and/or community members.
If any of the above items are not received by the deadline, the application may not be considered.
For the 2016-2017 academic year, the deadline is March 18, 2016, by 5 p.m.
Faxed applications will not be considered. Applications received or postmarked after this published deadline may not be considered.
Please return completed application and all documents by mail or in person to:
Kellogg Community College Foundation
450 North Ave.
Classroom Building Room 101
Battle Creek, MI 49017-3397