The Robert F. Hites Family Scholarship recognizes outstanding academic and personal achievement, and is awarded to graduating Kellogg Community College students transferring to a baccalaureate degree granting institution of higher learning.
The recipients of the Hites Transfer Scholarship will receive $3,000 for each of two years, for a total of $6,000.
All scholarship applications are given equal consideration by a scholarship committee appointed by the KCC Foundation. The selection committee will review the applicant’s academic records, school, community, and service activities.
Criteria and Guidelines
- Applicants must be a citizen of the United States or eligible non-citizen.
- Applicants must graduate Spring 2015 from Kellogg Community College, and transfer to a baccalaureate degree-granting institution as a full-time student.
- 3.5 cumulative GPA or higher.
- Demonstrate leadership experience, community and service activity and school involvement.
- Applicants must provide an acceptance letter from the college to which they will transfer.
- All awards will be sent directly to the baccalaureate degree granting institution.
- Submit a completed Robert F. Hites Transfer Scholarship application by the deadline.
- Include a copy of your Student Aid Report, if you completed a FAFSA.
- Include a copy of DD Form 214, if you are a military veteran.
- Submit an essay at least a 150 words but no more than two pages to include:
- Why you have chosen your field of study; what led you to this decision?
- Future career goals; the profession or occupation you intend to enter.
- Describe how you have benefited from a leadership role you have experienced.
- Who influenced you the most while attending Kellogg Community College and why?
- Attach a copy of your course history from KRIS (unofficial transcript).
- Attach a copy of your acceptance letter to the baccalaureate degree-granting institution.
- Attach a résumé of employment history, school, community, and service activities.
- Enclose three signed letters of recommendation from teachers/instructors, counselors/academic advisors, employers, and/or community members.
If any of the above items are not received by the deadline, the application will not be considered.
For the 2015-16 academic year, the deadline is 5 p.m. March 13, 2015.
Faxed applications will not be considered. Applications received or postmarked after this published deadline will not be considered.
Please return completed application and all documents to:
Kellogg Community College Foundation Scholarship
450 North Ave.
Battle Creek, MI 49017-3397