Click the following link to open the Robert F. Hites Transfer Scholarship application and make sure to read the guidelines below.
The Robert F. Hites Family Scholarship recognizes outstanding academic and personal achievement, and is awarded to graduating Kellogg Community College students transferring to a baccalaureate degree granting institution of higher learning.
The recipients of the Hites Transfer Scholarship will receive $3,000 for each of two years, for a total of $6,000.
All scholarship applications are given equal consideration by a scholarship committee appointed by the KCC Foundation. The selection committee will review the applicant’s academic records, school, community, and service activities.
Criteria and Guidelines
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States or eligible non-citizen.
- Applicant must graduate in the 2015-2016 academic year from Kellogg Community College, and transfer to a baccalaureate degree-granting institution as a full-time student.
- 3.5 cumulative GPA or higher.
- Demonstrate leadership experience, community and service activity and school involvement.
- Applicant must provide an acceptance letter from the college to which they will transfer.
- All awards will be sent directly to the baccalaureate degree granting institution.
- Submit a completed Hites Transfer Scholarship Application by the deadline. Fill in the fields on the application form and print.
- Include a copy of your Student Aid Report, if you completed a FAFSA.
- Include a copy of DD Form 214, if you are a military veteran.
- Submit an essay at least a 150 words but no more than two pages to include:
- Why you have chosen your field of study; what led you to this decision?
- Future career goals; the profession or occupation you intend to enter.
- Describe how you have benefited from a leadership role you have experienced.
- Who influenced you the most while attending Kellogg Community College and why?
- Attach a copy of your course history from KRIS (unofficial transcript).
- Attach a copy of your acceptance letter to the baccalaureate degree-granting institution.
- Attach a résumé of employment history, school, community, and service activities.
- Enclose three signed letters of recommendation from teachers/instructors, counselors/academic advisors, employers, and/or community members.
If any of the above items are not received by the deadline, the application may not be considered.
For the 2016-2017 academic year, the deadline is March 18, 2016, by 5 p.m.
Faxed applications will not be considered. Applications received or postmarked after this published deadline may not be considered.
Please return completed application and all documents by mail or in person to:
Kellogg Community College Foundation
450 North Ave.
Classroom Building Room 101
Battle Creek, MI 49017-3397