Hites Transfer Scholarship guidelines and a PDF version of the 2018-19 application are below. Please read through the following carefully prior to completing a scholarship application.
Scholarship applications are no longer being accepted for the 2018-19 academic year. Be on the lookout for the 2019-2020 scholarship application, coming soon. If you are looking for scholarships for Spring 2019, please contact us at 269-965-4161 to inquire if there are funds available.
The Robert F. Hites Family Scholarship recognizes outstanding academic and personal achievement, and is awarded to graduating Kellogg Community College students transferring to a baccalaureate degree granting institution of higher learning.
The recipients of the Hites Transfer Scholarship will receive $3,000 for each of two years, for a total of $6,000.
All scholarship applications are given equal consideration by a scholarship committee appointed by the KCC Foundation. The selection committee will review the applicant’s academic records, school, community, and service activities.
Criteria and Guidelines
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States or eligible non-citizen.
- Applicant must graduate from Kellogg Community College in the same academic year as the application submission, and transfer to a baccalaureate degree-granting institution as a full-time student.
- 3.5 cumulative GPA or higher.
- Demonstrate leadership experience, community and service activity and school involvement.
- Applicant must provide an acceptance letter from the college to which they will transfer.
- All awards will be sent directly to the baccalaureate degree granting institution.
- Submit a completed Robert F. Hites Transfer Scholarship application by 5 p.m. March 23. Answer each question to the best of your ability.
- Include a copy of your Student Aid Report, if you completed a FAFSA, or complete financial information section.
- Include a copy of DD Form 214, if you are a military veteran.
- Submit an essay of at least 150 words but no more than two pages to include:
- Why you have chosen your field of study; what led you to this decision?
- Future career goals; the profession or occupation you intend to enter.
- Describe how you have benefited from a leadership role you have experienced.
- Who influenced you the most while attending Kellogg Community College and why?
- Attach a copy of your course history (unofficial transcript).
- Attach a copy of your acceptance letter to the baccalaureate degree-granting institution.
- Attach a résumé of employment history, education, school and community service activities, and volunteer experiences.
- Enclose two signed current letters of recommendation from teachers/instructors, counselors/academic advisors, employers, and/or community members.
If any of the above items are not received by the deadline, the application may not be considered.
Click on the Scholarship Packet of Tips & Tools for helpful information in completing the application.
The deadline to apply for the Hites Transfer Scholarship is 5 p.m. March 23.
Faxed applications will not be considered. Applications received or postmarked after this published deadline may not be considered.
Please return completed application and all documents by mail, email or in person to:
Kellogg Community College Foundation
450 North Ave.
Roll Building Room 301
Battle Creek, MI 49017-3397