KCC Trustee Scholarship applications are available now! The deadline to apply is March 17, 2017. Download the application here: KCC Trustee Scholarship application
You must have an Admissions Application on file with the KCC Admissions Office, prior to completing the scholarship application. You are required to provide your KCC student ID number on the application.
Graduating high school seniors within the Kellogg Community College district are eligible to receive the Trustee Scholarship. All scholarships are given equal consideration by a scholarship committee appointed by the KCC Foundation. The selection committee will review the applicant’s academic records, school, community and service activities. They may also choose to conduct personal interviews. At the completion of the review process, the committee will nominate one graduating senior from each high school. The KCC Board of Trustees will then approve the nominees. Financial need is not a criterion for the KCC Trustee Scholarship.
The KCC Board of Trustees Scholarship awards up to $3,500 toward in-district tuition and fees for one academic year and can be renewed for a second year at KCC if recipient maintains eligibility. Acceptance of this scholarship nullifies all other scholarship offers at KCC.
Criteria and Guidelines
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States or eligible non-citizen.
- High school cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher.
- Students must be a graduating senior in the same academic year as application submission from one of the following area schools/districts:
- Battle Creek Academy
- Battle Creek
- Calhoun Christian
- Calhoun Community
- Harper Creek
- Marshall Academy
- St. Philip Catholic Central
- Union City
- Demonstrate leadership experience; community and service activity and school involvement.
- Scholarship funds will be credited to the student’s KCC account. Scholarship awards can be used for KCC tuition and fees. Unused funds will not be refunded.
- Scholarship funds cannot be used at a different college or university.
- KCC employees and their dependents are not eligible.
Trustee Recipient Responsibilities
- Register for First Year Seminar (Honors) in your first fall semester as a KCC student. Registration and participation is required.
- Adhere to the KCC Student Code of Conduct, as specified in the Student Handbook.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student (12 credits or more) for the fall and spring semesters and maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average.
- Follow an approved KCC curriculum (transfer program or associate’s degree).
- Become a member of the KCC Honors Program, which includes fulfilling Honors Program completion requirements.
- Attend the KCC Foundation Scholarship Event held each fall.
- When eligible, join Phi Theta Kappa (the International Honors Society of the Two-Year College) and maintain active involvement.
- Write a thank you letter to your scholarship donor each spring semester.
- Actively participate in one or more college co-curricular activities each fall and spring semester, which may be through, but not limited to: Student Leadership Institute, Student Life events/programs, student organizations, vocal and/or instrumental music, theater, and/or the Bruin Newspaper.
- Attend at least one enrichment program each fall and spring semester, on or off campus, such as, but not limited to: theater productions, guest lectures, concerts or film presentations.
- Attend at least one mandatory meeting each fall and spring semester as determined by the Manager of Student Life.
- Submit a completed KCC Trustee Scholarship application by March 17, 2017. Answer each question to the best of your ability.
- Include a copy of our Student Aid Report (SAR), if you completed a FAFSA, or complete the financial information section.
- Include a copy of DD form 214, if you are a military veteran.
- Submit an essay at least a 150 words but no more than two pages addressing each of the following:
- What college(s) you plan to attend after KCC.
- Why you have chosen your field of study; what led you to this decision?
- Future career goals; the profession or occupation you intend to enter.
- Describe your leadership experience and what you learned from it.
- Attach a copy of your official high school and college transcripts (if applicable). If you have taken classes at KCC print a course history (unofficial KCC transcript).
- Attach a résumé of employment history, school, community, and service activities.
- Enclose two signed current letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, employers, and/or community members.
If any of the above items are not received by the deadline, the application may not be considered.
The deadline to apply for a 2017-18 KCC Trustee Scholarship is March 17, 2017.
Faxed applications will not be considered. Applications received or postmarked after this published deadline may not be considered.
Please return completed application and all documents by mail, email or in person to:
Kellogg Community College Foundation
450 North Ave.
Classroom Building Room 101
Battle Creek, MI 49017-3397