Music Scholarship Audition dates:
Your completed application must be submitted no later than Wednesday, March 2, 2016 5:00pm
Send completed application and all supporting materials to:
Kellogg Community College
C/O Dr. Gerald J. Blanchard
450 North Ave. Battle Creek, MI 49017
Performing Arts Scholarship Information
I. Requirements for Consideration
- Completed application due two-weeks prior to the scheduled audition date. For additional information, contact Dr. Gerald Blanchard at 269-965-3931 ext. 2566.
- High School or KCC GPA of 1.5 or higher.
- A letter of recommendation from applied, choir, band or drama teacher.
- Audition must be completed on one of the posted audition dates.
- Scholarship granted on a year-to-year basis.
- Must take at least one applied or ensemble course per semester you are awarded the scholarship.
II. Available Music-based Scholarships
- Ensemble (Choral or Band) Scholarship (must be in a music ensemble)
- Music Department Scholarship
- Performing Arts Scholarship
- Wilda E. Brown Piano Scholarship
- William Brown Music Memorial Scholarship (guitar)
- Marie E. Billeter Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Guido A. and Elizabeth H. Binda Scholarship for Fine & Performing Arts
- Al Brown Memorial Scholarship for the Performing Arts
- Visual & Performing Arts Department Scholarship
III. Musical Audition Requirements
- Vocalist: Two musical selections of contrasting style, language and period. One must be of the classical repertoire (aria, Italian art song, lieder or chanson) performed by memory with accompanist.
- Instrumentalist: Two contrasting solo pieces, one a fast and technical composition and the second a slower and more expressive composition.
- Pianists: Two works from memory that represent contrasting periods and styles of music.
Please note, you must complete both applications and supply all requested supporting materials in order to be considered for a music based scholarship. For more information, please contact Dr. Gerald Blanchard at 269-565-7859 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Degrees and Certificates
Associate in Arts Degree (A.A.)
The Associate in Arts is designed for students preparing to transfer to a four-year institution. The requirements in this degree are designed to fulfill the general education learning outcomes requirements. Although it is not technically a music degree, you can have a music concentration.
Music Enrichment Certificate
This is a special program designed for the person who is seeking an experience and certificate of completion in music, yet prefers not to pursue a four-year degree program. A total of 20 credit hours from the following courses must be completed successfully to fulfill the certificate requirements. No single course shall be repeated for more than four credit hours toward completion of the certificate.
Sacred Music Certificate
Students who complete the Sacred Music Certificate Program will have the skills and knowledge needed to obtain a position as a church choir director. The program can also help current choir directors from non-choral backgrounds enhance their job performance and satisfaction. See gainful employment information Click here
At KCC, the vocal/choral area provides students with many opportunities for creative expression while creating a learning environment that provides the highest order of education in all major aspects of music. Vocal/choral students at KCC receive training in aural comprehension, conducting, individualized voice study, music history, music theory, piano, voice and more.
All Kellogg Community College students have the opportunity to take private music lessons in any number of instruments and or voice. Students receive rigorous instruction from music division faculty preparing them for performance in studio seminars, recitals, auditions or for self-enrichment purposes. In addition, students may participate in Branch County Community Chorus, Kellogg Singers, Concentus Vocal Ensemble, Women of KCC, KCC Choral Union, Opera Workshop, Musical Theatre Production, Concert Band or Jazz Band.