KCC is an approved testing site for the Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards Reading & Writing and Physical Fitness Testing for entrance into a police academy. We have scheduled the testing dates/times so any participant is able to take both tests on one day. You must bring valid government-issued photo identification (driver’s license, state ID card, military ID, or passport) to each test.
More information on the testing can be found on the MCOLES website at www.michigan.gov/mcoles.
Reading & Writing Test Dates
- Saturday, March 12, 2016 @ 8:30 am
- Saturday, April 2, 2016 @ 8:30 am
- Saturday, April 16, 2016 @ 8:30 am
- Saturday, April 30, 2016 @ 8:30 am
- Saturday, May 14, 2016 @ 8:30 am
- Saturday, June 4, 2016 @ 8:30 am
- Saturday, June 25, 2016 @ 8:30 am
The Reading & Writing Test will begin promptly at 8:30 a.m. in the computer lab at the Regional Manufacturing Technology Center, 405 Hill Brady Road, Battle Creek MI 49037. Practice questions for this test can be found at the end of the Reading & Writing Test Overview.
The cost for the Reading & Writing test is $68 and is payable online by Credit/Debit card. Money orders are accepted, but should be submitted more than 2 weeks prior to the testing date. Please click the registration link below for more information.
Physical Fitness Test Dates
- Saturday, March 12, 2016 @ noon
- Saturday, April 2, 2016 @ noon
- Saturday, April 16, 2016 @ noon
- Saturday, April 30, 2016 @ noon
- Saturday, May 14, 2016 @ noon
- Saturday, June 4, 2016 @ noon
- Saturday, June 25, 2016 @ noon
Physical Fitness test will begin at 12 noon in the Miller Gym, Room 210 on the Battle Creek Campus (located at the corner of North Avenue and Roosevelt across the street from Burger King). Please bring your completed and signed original MCOLES Physician’s Health Screening Form and appropriate clothing and athletic shoes.
The cost of the Physical Fitness test is $45 and is payable by Credit/Debit card only. Application Deadline is 4:00 pm the Wednesday prior to the testing date. Cancellations for a refund must be received by that time. All payments will be processed on Thursday or Friday prior to the test.