ECE Central Abuse & Neglect FAQs

I mailed in my form but I didn’t receive anything. What do I do?

Give it time. It may take 2 to 4 weeks to process your form. If after 4 weeks you don’t hear anything, contact the Early Childhood Office at 269-965-3931, ext. 2109, for further guidance.

I am missing my driver’s license; or I don’t have a driver’s license. What do I do?

Students can use a Michigan Identification card instead of a driver’s license. Students without a Michigan driver’s license or a Michigan state ID card without a correct address on it will need to get the Michigan driver’s license or state ID card replaced or updated with the correct address before applying for the Central Abuse and Neglect form approval process. Remember to copy both sides of a driver’s license which has an updated address sticker on the reverse side.

I am not 18 years old. Do I need a Central Abuse and Neglect approved form?

No. If you are not 18 years old, please notify your instructor or the Early Childhood office at 269.965.3931, ext. 2109, and we will verify this information and inform your Kellogg Community College instructors if a waiver is required.

I received an approved form. What do I do now?

Keep your original letter in a safe place. This is personal information you may need when completing observations for assignments. Make a copy of your original letter and give this to your instructor or mail it to:

Early Childhood Education
Kellogg Community College
450 North Ave.
Battle Creek, MI 49017

I lost my approval form. What do I do?

Send a new Central Abuse and Neglect request form into CPS (or visit the office in Branch and Barry County) and ask for a second copy. Important: write a note on the application explaining that this is a second request because the original form was lost.

If you need the form immediately, contact the Early Childhood office at 269-965-3931, ext. 2109, to make arrangements. Important note: students are allowed a one-time copy from the Early Childhood Education office. Students should contact Linda Iriel, the secretary for the Early Childhood office, between the hours of 9:00 am and 4:00 pm, Monday—Friday. Students will need to come in person and present a validated student ID and a Michigan Driver’s license or Michigan Identification card.

What if there is a problem with my Central Abuse and Neglect letter?

Please contact the Early Childhood Education office at 269-965-3931, ext. 2109, for further guidance.