According to the Department of Labor’s projection, the education professions will show strong and continued growth. Experts believe the education profession will continue to grow as it changes to include careers well beyond the traditional classroom teacher. Specializations and education careers include:
- Administrators: principals, special project coordinators, college and university deans, department chairpersons
- Literacy specialists: librarians, multimedia specialists, research assistants, literacy coordinators, parent educators
- Preschool, elementary, secondary and post-secondary education teachers: K-12 schoolteachers, community college teachers, infant and toddler specialists, preschool directors
- Corporate trainers and mentors: technology designers, specialty mentors, personal coaches
- Counselors, therapists and social workers
Elementary Education is in Michigan’s Hot 50 job outlook through 2018.