The computer and electronics industry has fueled a growth in new jobs, both locally and worldwide. With an increasing world emphasis on computer technology, the projected demand for computer programmers, database administrators, and network administrators will remain exceptionally high in the future.
Kellogg Community College offers several Programs in the Computer Engineering Technology (CET) area that will give you the skills you need to meet the demand. Our CET programs are designed for individuals who are beginning their training to pursue a career in computer servicing, programming, database administration, and networking. It is also for those already working in the industry that need to upgrade their skills for new responsibilities or career growth. You will learn to do such things as install, troubleshoot, and repair computer equipment, systems, and networks in a variety of situations.
Why Choose the KCC CET Program?
- Prepares you for industry-based certification exams by providing knowledge and skills through the teaching of theory, practical application, and hands-on experience.
- Provides an industry standard of technical training by certified instructors using state-of-the-art equipment.
- You may be able to earn money while you learn by signing up for our Cooperative Education (co-op) program. Contact Doug Mann for more information.
- Financial aid is available, as well as scholarships, grants, loans, and work study. Contact the Financial Aid Office for more information.
- This industry continually creates new jobs, so the job outlook will remain high.
Our new state-of-the-art equipment, combined with valuable hands-on experience not found at most other colleges, will give you what you need to advance to the top of this exciting and challenging field.
It all starts here.