English Language Learning (ELL) classes at Kellogg Community College offer an opportunity for those who speak languages other than English to enhance their English language skills. ELL students will build a strong foundation in the English language that will prepare them not only for future coursework at KCC, but for university curriculum.
Fall 2019 ELL Classes
Fall 2019 ELL classes begin Sept. 5 and the semester ends Dec. 16. Fall 2019 ELL classes include:
- ELL 73: Introductory Reading and Writing, 4 to 6:10 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays
- ELL 74: Introductory Grammar and Communication, 6:30 to 8:40 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays
- ELL 75: Introductory Speaking and Listening, 6:30 to 8:40 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays
- ELL 83: Intermediate Reading and Writing, 11 a.m. to 1:10 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays
- ELL 84: Intermediate Grammar and Communication, 1:30 to 3:40 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays
- ELL 85: Intermediate Speaking and Listening, 1:30 to 3:40 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays
- ELL 93: Advanced Reading and Writing, 4 to 6:10 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays
- ELL 94: Advanced Grammar and Communication, 8:30 to 10:40 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays
- ELL 95: Advanced Speaking and Listening, 11 a.m. to 1:10 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays
Each class is worth four credit hours.
Signing Up for ELL Classes
Students interested in signing up for ELL classes should complete the following steps:
- Apply for admission to KCC. This can be done online at www.kellogg.edu/step1. If you need assistance, contact KCC’s Admissions office at 269-965-4153 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us in the Hub on campus at 450 North Ave. in Battle Creek.
- Take the Accuplacer ESL exam. The results of the Accuplacer ESL exam will determine the level of coursework the individual student should enroll in. It is common for students to test at different levels depending on the subject. For example, a student might test into speaking/listening at an advanced level, yet they may test into reading/writing and grammar/communication at an intermediate level. For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact KCC’s Testing & Assessment Center at 269-965-4136 or email@example.com. Walk-in testing is available from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays and by appointment Fridays, and a government- or school-issued photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, passport, high school, college or military ID) is required to test. For more information, visit www.kellogg.edu/placement.
Scholarship opportunities may be available for students who need financial assistance. For information about student scholarships, contact the KCC Foundation at 269-965-4161 or visit www.kellogg.edu/student-scholarships.