Applications for the 2018-19 Dental Hygiene Program are available August 1, 2017! Click here to create an account to select and complete the Dental Hygiene application in our application system.
- View answers to frequently asked questions about KCC’s Dental Hygiene Program
- View our five-semester sequence of required courses
The Dental Hygiene Checklist linked above is a tool that will help you determine if you are ready to apply to KCC’s Dental Hygiene Program. If you have not yet completed the admissions requirements on the checklist and would like to begin completing those requirements at KCC, please submit a General Application and select Dental Hygiene as your academic program. If you have completed and/or submitted all of the necessary admission requirements to KCC, please select and complete the Dental Hygiene application from our application page.
Admission to the Dental Hygiene Program is competitive based on points awarded for grades or scores on various courses and tests. The following factors are considered in determining which candidates will be considered for admittance to the Dental Hygiene Program:
- High School grade point average or GED scores (if less than 12 college credits completed).
- College grade point average (if more than 12 college credits completed).
- ACT or SAT score, or proof of a documented degree from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Prerequisite requirements for CHEM 100 (Fundamentals of Chemistry 1) must be met prior to applying to the DEHY program.
In addition to the factors considered for admission to the Dental Hygiene Program, the following courses will earn additional points for having received a “C” (2.0) or better:
- BIOL 201: Human Anatomy
- BIOL 202: Human Physiology
- BIOL 205: Microbiology
- CHEM 100: Fundamentals of Chemistry
- ENGL 151/152: Freshman Composition
Courses that earn 1 point for each course:
- PSYC 201
- SOCI 201
- COMM 101