Please Note: Applications for the 2016-2017 Dental Hygiene Program will be available August 1, 2015.
Admission to the Dental Hygiene program is competitive based on points awarded for grades or scores on various courses and tests. The following factors are considered in determining which candidates will be considered for admittance to the Dental Hygiene program:
- High School grade point average or GED scores (if less than 12 college credits completed).
- College grade point average (if more than 12 college credits completed).
- ACT or SAT score, or proof of a documented degree from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Prerequisite requirements for CHEM 100 (Fundamentals of Chemistry 1) must be met prior to applying to the DEHY program.
In addition to the factors considered for admission to the Dental Hygiene program, the following courses will earn additional points for having received a “C” (2.0) or better (up to 4 points for each course):
- BIOL 201: Human Anatomy
- BIOL 202: Human Physiology
- BIOL 205: Microbiology
- CHEM 100: Fundamentals of Chemistry
- ENGL 151/152: Freshman Composition
Courses that earn 1 point for each course:
- PSYC 201
- SOCI 201
- COMM 101
- Creativity Elective (2014-2015 KCC Catalog page, 51)