Please note: Applications for the 2016/2017 PTA Program will be available on August 1, 2015.
Admission to the Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) program is competitive based on points awarded for grades or scores on various courses and tests. The following factors are considered in determining which candidates will be considered for admittance to the PTA program:
- High School grade point average or GED scores (if less than 12 college credits completed).
- College grade point average (if more than 12 college credits completed).
- ACT or SAT score, or proof of a documented degree from an accredited post-secondary institution.
In addition to the factors considered for admission to the PTA program, the following courses will earn additional points for having received a “C” (2.0) or better (up to 4 points for each course):
- BIOL 201: Human Anatomy
- BIOL 202: Human Physiology
- ENGL 151/152: Freshman Composition
- EMT 110: Medical First Responder Training
- PSYC 220: Developmental Psychology
Courses that earn 1 point for each course:
- PSYC 201
- SOCI 201
- COMM 101
- Creativity Elective (2013-2014 KCC Catalog page, 53)