Welcome to Kellogg Community College’s Financial Aid home page! We have established an effective financial aid program of scholarships and grants, campus employment and loans. Students are encouraged to complete the Free Applications for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) used by the Financial Aid office to determine eligibility for most aid sources. Through our programs, the College attempts to make education financially possible for all eligible and qualified applicants.
The Financial Aid Office is located on the Battle Creek campus in the Ohm Building. General information and forms are available at the Regional Manufacturing Technology Center (RMTC), the Grahl Center in Coldwater, the Fehsenfeld Center in Hastings, and the Eastern Academic Center in Albion.
Applications for financial aid should be received at least 60 days prior to the first enrollment semester each year to guarantee eligible funds for the start of that semester.
Notice: The Financial Aid Department will provide the majority of communications via The Financial Aid Self Service System through the Bruin Portal and also via your KCC student email. Please become familiar with how to access your email.
Upcoming Financial Aid Deadlines
- 3/25/16: Spring Only Loan Request Deadline
- 4/1/16: Spring SAP Appeal Deadline
- 4/1/16: Summer Priority Processing Deadline (FAFSA)
- 4/15/16: Summer Priority Processing Deadline (all docs submitted)
- 6/17/16: Summer-Only Loan Request Deadline
- 6/17/16: Summer SAP Appeal Deadline
Get Financial Aid Notifications Online
Click here for information on how to receive online notifications from the Financial Aid office.
Financial Aid and Textbooks
Books will be available in the Bruin Bookstore prior to the beginning of the semester. The LAST day financial aid students may charge their books to their financial aid are:
- Spring: 1/29/16
- Summer: 5/27/16
*NEW as of the Fall 2015 and Spring 2016 Award Year
ALL loans that are awarded for the Fall and Spring semesters will be split into multiple disbursements.
If you have been awarded a fall and spring loan, your loan will be split into 4 equal disbursements; 2 in the Fall and 2 in the Spring.
- 2/12/16: Spring Refund checks mailed *Grants, Scholarships, and First half of Loans* (Does not include 1st-time loan borrowers)
- 2/19/16: Spring Refund checks mailed – First half of loans for Freshman 1st-time loan borrowers
- 3/18/16: Spring Refund checks mailed – Second half of loans refunds
Financial Aid Refunds Reminder – Electronic deposits of financial aid refunds will take one to three business days to be processed and deposited into the bank accounts designated by students.
- 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday – Thursday
- 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. Friday
- 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Mondays-Thursdays
- 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Fridays