Kellogg Community College has established an effective financial aid program of scholarships and grants, campus employment and loans. Students are encouraged to complete the Free Applications for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) used by the Financial Aid office to determine eligibility for most aid sources. Through our programs, the College attempts to make education financially possible for all eligible and qualified applicants.
The Financial Aid Office is located on the Battle Creek campus in the Student Center. General information and forms are available at the Grahl Center in Coldwater, the Fehsenfeld Center in Hastings, the Eastern Academic Center in Albion and the RMTC.
Applications for financial aid must be received at least 60 days prior to the first enrollment semester each year to guarantee eligible funds for the start of that semester.
Notice: The Financial Aid Department will provide the majority of communications via your KCC student email. Please become familiar with how to access your email.
Financial Aid Refunds Reminder – Electronic deposits of financial aid refunds will take one to three business days to be processed and deposited into the bank accounts designated by students.
Upcoming Financial Aid Deadlines
- 7/10/15: Fall Priority Processing Deadline (FAFSA)
- 7/24/15: Fall Priority Processing Deadline (all docs submitted)
- 11/2/15: Fall SAP Appeal Deadline
- 11/13/15: Spring Priority Processing Deadline (FAFSA)
- 11/27/15: Spring Priority Processing Deadline ( all docs submitted)
- 11/30/15: Fall/Spring Loan Request Deadline
Get Financial Aid Notifications Online
Click here for information on how to receive online notifications from the Financial Aid office.
Financial Aid and Textbooks
Books will be available in the Bruin Bookstore prior to the beginning of the semester. The LAST day financial aid students may charge their books to their financial aid are:
- Fall: 9/11/15
- Spring: 1/29/16
*NEW as of the Fall 2015 and Spring 2016 Award Year
ALL loans that are awarded for the Fall and Spring semesters will be split into multiple disbursements.
If you have been awarded a fall and spring loan, your loan will be split into 4 equal disbursements; 2 in the Fall and 2 in the Spring.
- 9/25/15: Fall Refund checks mailed *Grants, Scholarships, and First half of Loans* (Does not include 1st-time loan borrowers)
- 10/9/15: Fall Refund checks mailed – First half of loans for Freshman 1st-time loan borrowers
- 10/30/15: Fall Refund checks mailed – Refunds for Second half of loans
- 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday – Thursday
- 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. Friday
- 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Mondays-Thursdays
- 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Fridays