Kellogg Community College has established an effective financial aid program of scholarships and grants, campus employment and loans. Students are encouraged to complete the Free Applications for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) used by the Financial Aid office to determine eligibility for most aid sources. Through our programs, the College attempts to make education financially possible for all eligible and qualified applicants.
The Financial Aid Office is located on the Battle Creek campus in the Student Center. General information and forms are available at the Grahl Center in Coldwater, the Fehsenfeld Center in Hastings, the Eastern Academic Center in Albion and the RMTC.
Applications for financial aid must be received at least 60 days prior to the first enrollment semester each year to guarantee eligible funds for the start of that semester.
Notice: The Financial Aid Department will provide the majority of communications via your KCC student email. Please become familiar with how to access your email.
Financial Aid Refunds Reminder – Electronic deposits of financial aid refunds will take one to three business days to be processed and deposited into the bank accounts designated by students.
Upcoming Financial Aid Deadlines
- 4/04/14: Summer Priority Processing Deadline (FAFSA)
- 4/18/14: Summer Priority Processing Deadline (all docs submitted)
- 6/20/14: Summer SAP Appeal Deadline
- 6/20/14: Summer Loan Request Deadline
- 7/11/14: Fall Priority Processing Deadline (FAFSA)
- 7/25/14: Fall Priority Processing Deadline (all docs submitted)
Get Financial Aid Notifications Online
Click here for information on how to receive online notifications from the Financial Aid office.
Financial Aid and Textbooks
Books will be available in the Bruin Bookstore prior to the beginning of the semester. The latest dates financial aid students may charge their books to their financial aid are:
- Summer: 5/13/14
- Fall: 8/18/14
- Spring: 1/6/15
- 6/13/14: Refund checks mailed* (Does not include 1st-time borrowers)
- 6/20/14: Refund checks mailed for 1st-time loan borrowers
- 6/27/14: Refund checks mailed – 2nd disbursement for single-semester loans
- 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Mondays-Thursdays
- 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Fridays