We’re excited that you’re considering taking classes at KCC while still in high school! Completing college courses while you’re in high school is a great way to earn credit and shorten the time it takes for you to complete a college degree.
Before you begin your journey toward dual-enrollment, you’ll need to meet with your high school guidance counselor. Your counselor is not only an expert in education, but they are our partner in this process. If you’ve already met with your high school counselor, feel free to jump into the steps below. If you have questions or need a guide along the way, please contact us at 269-965-4153 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
After speaking with your high school guidance counselor, follow theses steps to dual-enroll at KCC:
1. Submit a Dual Enrollment Application (only for first-time dual enrolled students) and determine the path that best fits you. Your high school counselor will assist you with picking your course(s). Academic advising at KCC is available, but talk with your high school counselor first.
2. Complete KCC’s assessment test or submit SAT or ACT scores. KCC uses various scores for placement into courses. Our assessment is Accuplacer, but we also use SAT, ACT and COMPASS scores to meet course prerequisites. A prerequisite is an item that must be completed before you are allowed to sign up for the course. Most, but not all, KCC courses have a prerequisite of specific test scores. We can use your SAT or ACT scores for all prerequisites except math. If you have not yet taken the SAT or ACT or if your score does not meet the prerequisite requirement, we recommend you take the Accuplacer test at the campus nearest you.
3. Establish residency (address verification). The following items are needed to establish residency:
- Picture ID (government-issued driver’s license or state ID, or current high school ID)
- Proof of address (official piece of mail or current high school transcript with mailing address)
You can establish residency at the nearest KCC campus, Admissions office, Records and Registration office, or by emailing your documents to email@example.com.
4. Register online through KCC’s Bruin Web Portal after tuition approval has been submitted through your high school. If the amount the high school is paying does not cover all of your tuition and fees, you will need to sign up with our FACTS payment plan or pay in full within 24 hours from the time of registration or your class(es) will be dropped.