DUAL ENROLLMENT ORIENTATION
Whether you are registered for high school dual enrolled courses or are planning to dual enroll in the future, we would like to invite you to attend one of our Dual Enrollment Orientations. Orientation will equip you with the necessary tools and resources for your success at KCC. Parent or legal guardians are strongly recommended to attend.
What to expect at orientation:
- Campus Tour. You will get to see where you will spend your time in class! Bring your class schedule and your picture ID (driver’s license, KCC or recent high school ID). If you do not have your schedule, please come to the Admissions office a half hour before the event and we will print one for you.
- Important Information. Topics will include snow days, classroom realities, financial information, and many other items.
- Application Process. Even if you are already dual enrolled, this information is very helpful for upcoming semesters. If you have friends or family who are planning to dual enroll, bring them with you to orientation!
Dates: Tuesday, August 25th or Thursday, September 3
Time: 6:30pm – 7:30pm
Where: Kellogg Room at the Battle Creek campus (near the cafeteria)
How: Register Now!
If you have any questions, please contact the Admissions Office at (269) 965-4153 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to seeing you soon!
What should the student have available prior to submitting their Dual Enrollment Application?
- Valid picture ID – A government issued ID or a high school ID that is no more than one year old.
- Proof of current address
- Social Security Number (only required for students taking the COMPASS assessment)
- ACT or COMPASS scores
- High School transcript
If you’re considering dual enrolling at KCC while in high school, there are several things to consider.
- How many courses is the student able to enroll for the semester?
- Does the student meet the course prerequisite? (See Academic Catalog for course prerequisites)
- How old is the student? (Students under 14 years of age require department chair permission to dual enroll)
- Is the course offered at a time that adheres to their high school schedule and activities?
Listed below are the steps that each student intending on Dual Enrolling at KCC must complete EACH semester. Please review the Checklist for Dual Enrollment Students, located in the Dual Enrollment packet, prior to submitting the Dual Enrollment Application.
1. Complete a KCC Dual Enrollment Application
Each semester, Dual Enrollment students at Kellogg Community College must complete a Dual Enrollment Packet. Every Dual Enrollment Packet MUST be signed by the High School Counselor and Parent/Guardian.
2. Obtain all signatures on the KCC Dual Enrollment Application
*Parent or Guardian Signature
*Principal Signature (only required if the high school is responsible for any parts of the tuition and/or fees)
3. Provide required documentation
*ID (Please see Dual Enrollment Packet for acceptable forms of ID)
*Prerequisites: COMPASS scores/ACT scores
* Social Security Number (only required if taking COMPASS assessment)
4. Register for classes
* In Person Registration:
1. Students may register at any KCC campus
2. The Dual Enrollment Application must be completed and submitted prior to, or at the time of registration.
3. A Registration form must be completed for in person registration.
* Online Registration: the following must be submitted to any KCC campus prior to registering online
1. Dual Enrollment Application
2. Picture ID and proof of residency
3. Proof of prerequisites
Questions about the KCC Dual Enrollment process or program may be directed to the Admissions office at 269.965.4153 or email@example.com.
M-TH: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
F: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm