Welcome! The Legacy Scholarship is a great opportunity from the Battle Creek College Access Network (BCCAN) for Battle Creek Public and Lakeview students. The scholarship provides tuition to Kellogg Community College for five years or up to 62 credit hours, which translates into an associate degree! The application process requires steps through both the Battle Creek Community Foundation (BCCAN’s parent organization) and Kellogg Community College. Your journey for obtaining the scholarship intertwines between both organizations.
- Submit a FAFSA to KCC and complete necessary additional documents. The FAFSA can be completed any time after October 1st of the student’s senior year in high school.
- Submit a scholarship application to the Battle Creek Community Foundation. Applications are due on due March 1st of the student’s senior year in high school.
- Using the Bruin Portal, print a copy of your Financial Aid Award letter or your No Need (not eligible for aid) letter. Officially accepting your Legacy Scholarship requires that you submit to the Battle Creek Community Foundation your Award or No Need Letter and your Terms and Conditions.
- Sign up through your High School Guidance Counselor for a Legacy Scholars Orientation. Parents: You will attend a Legacy Parent Orientation.
- Register for classes and sign up with KCC’s payment plan, FACTS (tuition payments will be deducted from your scholarship).
Scholarship eligibility is based on the year you began as a student in the Battle Creek Public or Lakeview school district. The table below indicates the percentage you are eligible for based on your entrance in the school district.
|Legacy Scholars Eligibility|
|At or before 6th – 8th Grade||9th Grade||10th Grade||11th – 12th Grade|
|62 Credit Hours||46.5 Credit Hours||31 Credit Hours||0 Credit Hours|
Guest Students Can Use Their Legacy Scholarship!
If you attend another institution but plan to take a few courses at KCC while on break, you can use your Legacy Scholarship while you attend KCC. Be sure to apply by the posted deadline each year and notify the Legacy Scholars office of your desire to take summer classes. Attending KCC as a guest student is smart, financially responsible, and may help you graduate faster. It is essential to talk with your home institution about transfer-ability of courses from KCC.
For questions about the Financial Aid Process at KCC, contact: Financial Aid office 269-965-4123 or email@example.com
For questions about enrolling at KCC, contact: Admissions 269-965-4153 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions about scholarship eligibility and application process and deadlines, contact the Battle Creek College Access Network:
- Terry Burleson, BC CAN Program Manager, 269-719-8228 or email@example.com
- Laure Zalle, BC CAN Program Officer, 269-719-8228 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Celia Compton, BC CAN Scholarship Associate, 269-962-2181 or email@example.com
- Joann Farnham, BC Scholarship Officer, 269-962-2181 or firstname.lastname@example.org