*Sessions are currently full, please stay tuned for future dates!
- 2017-2018 Nursing Admission Packet
- 2017-2018 Advanced Placement Checklist
- Advanced Placement Application 2017-2018
The Admissions office is accepting applications for the Fall 2017 full time Nursing program from Aug. 1, 2016 through June 1, 2017. Applications for the Spring 2018 part time Nursing program will be accepted January 15, 2017 through August 15, 2017. If you have completed all of the admission requirements listed below, you may submit an application to the nursing program here. If you have not yet completed all of the necessary admission requirements but would like to begin working on them at KCC, please submit a General Application to KCC and select Nursing as your Academic Program.
If you are currently a licensed LPN and would like to complete your RN degree, applications for Fall 2017/Spring 2018 will be available beginning August 1, 2016.
Admission to KCC’s nursing programs is selective due to space limitations, enrollment limitations imposed by regulatory bodies, and program admission requirements. Please refer to the Nursing Program web page for descriptions of the nursing programs and specific admission requirements.
Laddered Nursing Program
Nursing Admission packets will be accepted from candidates who provide a complete packet of documentation. Admission required courses must also be completed before a student can apply to the Nursing Program. 2017-18 admission requirements for both the full-time and part-time options of the Laddered Nursing Program are as follows:
- Official transcripts from all other colleges attended
- Grade point average of 2.5 or higher from all colleges attended
- 18 years of age at the start of nursing program
- Proof of high school graduation or GED (high school seniors must provide proof of graduation prior to start of program)
- Proof of CPR certification: Certifications that will be accepted are:
- American Heart at level of “Basic Life Support for Health Care provider”, also called “BLS Provider” OR
- American Red Cross at level of “Professional Rescuer”
- CPR certification cannot expire before December 31, 2017 for Full Time, or May 31, 2018 for Part Time
- Pre-admission Nursing Session (PANS)
Course and Testing Requirements:
Courses must be completed in no more than two attempts with a B- (2.67) or higher, this includes all attempts made at KCC and all previous institutions. Course attempts completed within 6 years of the program start date will be considered for admission. Course attempts greater than six years old will not be counted as an attempt.
- Biology requirements: BIOL 201 (Human Anatomy) and BIOL 202 (Human Physiology)
- Mathematics requirements: ACCUPLACER Elementary Algebra score of 85 or higher OR MATH 101 (Practical Algebra) OR MATH 102 (Beginning Algebra) or higher
- Kaplan Admission Test
- Students must have their admission requirements for the nursing program completed or be registered for the last semester of their admission requirements in order to register for the Kaplan Admission Test, which is offered and administered at Kellogg Community College. One Kaplan Admission Test if permitted per student. Test retakes are prohibited unless two years have passed since the date of the initial test. In that instance, a new test is required.
Optional Additional Coursework or College Degree
- ENGL 151 or 152 (Freshman Composition)
- PSYC 220 (Developmental Psychology)
Advanced Placement Option
Applications will be accepted from candidates who provide a complete packet of documentation showing the following:
- Official college transcripts from all colleges or universities attended, showing a GPA of 2.0 or higher at each institution.
- Successful completion of the following courses with a “C” (2.0) or higher:
- Communication 101 or 111 or equivalent
- English 151 or equivalent
- Psychology 201 or equivalent
- Psychology 220 or equivalent
- Successful completion of the following courses with a “B-” (2.67) or higher:
- Chemistry 100 or equivalent or higher level chemistry course
- Mathematics 101, Mathematics 102 or equivalent, or higher, or a COMPASS algebra score of 40 or higher
- Biology 201 or equivalent
- Biology 202 or equivalent
- Submission of current Michigan licensure as an LPN
Applicants who have a complete packet and documentation of the above requirements will be admitted to the program by their date of packet completion.
LATEX Environment Statement
Due to the broad range of equipment, manikins, materials and supplies used in the College’s practice and simulation laboratories, and within a vast number of hospitals and other types of clinical facilities serving as sites for student clinical education, the certified nurse assistant (CENA), dental hygiene, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), nursing, paramedic/EMS, physical therapist assistant (PTA), and radiography (RADI) programs are NOT latex free environments. Students with latex allergies considering any of these health programs should direct questions to their physician to ensure it is safe for them to participate prior to applying to the program.