President’s List and Dean’s List
The President’s List and the Dean’s List recognizes eligible students for outstanding academic achievement each fall, spring, and summer semester.
Students who meet each of the following criteria are eligible for recognition on the President’s List or Dean’s List each semester:
- Consideration for the President’s List or the Dean’s List, begins once students have completed twelve (12) or more college-level credits.
- Subsequent consideration continues for each semester that students are enrolled in at least six (6) or more college-level credits.
- Grades of “I” (Incomplete) or “W” (Withdrawn) disqualify students for that particular semester.
- Grades of “G,” (Progress), “X” (Audit), or “P” (Passing) do not have grade points associated with them; therefore, they are not calculated in the semester grade point average.
- The calculated grade point average for the semester determines the following recognition:
3.50-3.99 Dean’s List
4.00 President’s List
Outstanding achievement awards are given by the academic departments based on specific criteria, such as program involvement and academic achievement.
Graduating with Honors
Students who have fulfilled the requirements for an associate degree and have earned a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or higher will be graduated with honors as follows:
- 3.90-4.00 Highest Honors—Summa Cum Laude
- 3.50-3.89 High Honors—Magna Cum Laude
- 3.00-3.49 Honors—Cum Laude
The appropriate honors designation will be included on the student’s academic record and diploma.