Credit applicable toward a degree or certificate may be earned by students who demonstrate competency by examination in designated departmental courses.
Students who wish to pursue credit by examination must:
- Contact the chairperson of the department or coordinator of the program offering the course to schedule an appointment for the examination and/or demonstration.
- Complete a request for Credit by Exam form.
- Pay a fifty dollar ($50) examination fee in Records and Registration or at the Center office.
- Present the receipt to the instructor administering the examination; schedule and complete the examination.
- If a grade of “A,” “B” or “C” is earned, course and grade information will be added to the student’s academic record.
- Grades of “D” and “F” are not satisfactory for credit by exam. If such grades are earned, no course entry will be made on the student’s academic record.
- To have credit by examination credits recorded on your KCC transcript, you must have completed course work at KCC. Courses for which you receive a grade of “W,” “I,” “N” or Audit are not considered completed.