Students with background experiences obtained through proprietary schools, on the job training, apprenticeship, or correspondence courses, may have this prior experiential learning evaluated for recognition toward a certificate or degree from Kellogg Community College. Credits recognized through this process may or may not transfer to other colleges and universities. To initiate this process, the student must:
- Review the goal statements and objectives of the course outline to determine if the prior experiential learning is the equivalent of the College course.
- Collect and assemble information which documents the experience(s).
- Contact the chairperson of the department or coordinator of the program offering the course to schedule an appointment for an evaluation.
- Request the evaluator to deliver a completed “Request for Prior Experiential Learning” form to the Records office.
- Pay a fee equal to $20 per Prior Experiential Learning credit granted or $5 per industrial trades module. Payment may be made at the Records and Registration office; Grahl, Fehsenfeld or Eastern Academic Center; or RMTC office.
- To have prior experiential learning credits recorded on your KCC transcript, you must have completed coursework at KCC. Courses for which you have received a grade of “W,” “I,” “N” or Audit are not considered completed.