- If you officially drop a class, you will be granted a refund of paid tuition and fees. The drop period is through the first tenth (1/10) of the total number of calendar days over which the class meets.
- Refund calculations are based upon the total tuition and fee obligations to the College and not upon the amount of partial payment made.
- In order to drop and receive a refund, you must initiate an official class drop prior to the drop deadline. College staff members are not responsible to submit schedule adjustments on behalf of the student. Schedule adjustments are submitted to the Records and Registration office; the Grahl, Fehsenfeld and Eastern Academic Centers; the RMTC office; or on the KRIS automated registration system.
- Cancelled classes will be granted a full refund of paid tuition and fees.
- A refund will not be granted if you withdraw from classes or are administratively withdrawn from the College for disciplinary or attendance reasons.
- If you are a currently enrolled student and are called for military duty, present a copy of your military orders to the Registrar’s office. You shall be dropped from all uncompleted courses without a grade and be granted a refund of all tuition and fees paid.
Academic and Refund Appeals
An Academic and Refund Appeals Committee is in place to consider appeals from students.
Students may submit an Academic and Refund Appeal Form or other written request with supporting documentation to:
Academic and Refund Appeals Committee
Kellogg Community College
450 North Avenue
Battle Creek, MI 49017-3397
Academic and Refund Appeal forms are also available at the Records and Registration office and at the Grahl, Fehsenfeld and Eastern Academic centers.
Appeals should be submitted during the semester in which the course was taken. The Academic and Refund Appeals Committee will respond in writing to the student. The written appeal must be submitted within one year of the date when the course was taken.