The goals of our department are stated here and reflect our commitment to the dental hygiene student, to the professional development of the registered dental hygienist as well as to advancing the profession of dental hygiene.The KCC Department of Dental Hygiene Education will:
- Prepare a competent, entry level dental hygienist as defined by the KCC Dental Hygiene Competency Statement.
- Maintain a contemporary dental hygiene program that reflects relevant and current dental hygiene theories, practices and educational methods.
- Provide a dental hygiene curriculum that integrates general education, biomedical sciences, dental sciences and dental hygiene sciences.
- Maintain an admission philosophy which promotes a diverse and qualified student body.
- Provide opportunities to the dental hygienist for professional growth and development through life long learning experiences.
- Respond to the oral health needs of the community by providing therapeutic, educational and preventive dental hygiene services.