KCC coaches and student-athletes lead regular youth sports camps to teach kids and teens new skills or to help them improve their current level of play. Space in each program is limited and granted on a first-come, first-served basis; registration forms for each Summer 2017 offering are below.
For more information about sports camps at KCC, contact the college’s Lifelong Learning Department at 269-965-4134 or email email@example.com.
Kellogg Community College’s Men’s basketball team is hosting a Fundamental Skills & Drills Basketball Camp for youth on multiple days this spring.
The camp will be led by players from KCC’s Men’s basketball team and Head Men’s Basketball Coach Ben Reed. Camps will be held at Battle Creek Central’s Field House, located at 162 Champion Street, Battle Creek.
Each camp costs $60 and runs April 30 and May 7, 14, 21, 2017. Camp for students in grades one through five is 2 to 4 p.m.; camp for students in grades six through nine is 5 to 7 p.m.
Camp activities will focus on the fundamentals of basketball and include instruction in drills, including shooting, dribbling and passing, in addition to competitive games and contests.
Join KCC’s head volleyball coach and team members for this camp that will focus on the important volleyball basics: passing, setting, hitting, blocking and serving. Your fee includes a t-shirt and water bottle.
- Ages 9-11 * July 24-July 25 * 9 am-12 pm * $40
- Ages 12-17 * July 25, 2-4 pm; July 26-July 27, 9 am-3 pm * $60
Join coaches and players from KCC’s nationally ranked baseball team for this 3-hour clinic covering defense and hitting. Players should come ready to play and bring their glove, helmet and bat. Your fee includes a t-shirt and ticket to the NABF World Series happening at Bailey Park that same day.
- Ages 7-13 * August 12 * 8:30-11:30 am * $25
These 4-hour camps, hosted by KCC’s softball team and coaches will cover both defense and hitting. Participants should come ready to play, and bring their glove, helmet, bat, snack and a water bottle. Your fee includes a t-shirt.
- Ages 9-13 * August 20 * 8 am-12 pm * $60
- Ages 14-18 * August 20 * 2-6 pm * $60
Registration is open until the day of each session and can be completed through:
- Online– CLICK HERE
- Mail – complete a camp registration form and waiver of liability, and mail the forms along with payment to Lifelong Learning, 450 North Ave., Battle Creek, MI, 49017.
- Telephone – call KCC’s Lifelong Learning Department at 269-965-4134 and register with a credit or debit card.
- Fax – send the completed forms to 269-565-2129.
- In person – the Lifelong Learning office is located in room 102 of the Ohm Information Technology Center on KCC’s North Avenue campus in Battle Creek.
*Camp fees include a camp t-shirt for each participant.