Open the PDFs below to view KCC’s 2018 volleyball roster and schedule:
Click here to view team and individual photos of KCC’s 2018 women’s volleyball team on the College’s Flickr page. Photos may be downloaded for use by fans and the media.
KCC Volleyball History
Kellogg Community College’s volleyball program prides itself on continuing a strong tradition of excellence both on and off the court. The team boasts nearly three dozen championships since the 1970s, including three national championships, two state championships and nearly a dozen regional championships.
- Conference championships: 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1991, 1992, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007
- State championships: 1999, 2003
- Regional championships: 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004
- National championships: 1978, 1979, 1980
- Additional national championship rankings: 3rd (2000), 4th (2003, 2004), 5th (1996, 1997, 2001), 6th (1999), 8th (1977)
- Click here to view the 2017 KCC Women’s Volleyball Media Guide
- Click here to view the 2016 KCC Women’s Volleyball Media Guide
Title: Head Coach
Name: Tom VanWienen
Office: 269-965-3931 ext. 2535
Tom VanWienen is entering his first year as head coach of the women’s volleyball team at KCC. VanWienen will be a familiar face to volleyball fans in the Battle Creek area, where he works as a product specialist for Comcast and resides with wife Jonna and daughters Allison and Kate. He led the varsity team at Pennfield High School from 2008 to 2013, was assistant varsity coach and head JV coach at Olivet College from 2006 to 2008, and coached the varsity team at Climax-Scotts High School from 2001 to 2006.
VanWienen currently serves as director of volleyball regional programming at Battle Creek’s WeCan Volleyball, which runs winter and spring teams that play on an AAU-based schedule throughout Southwest Michigan, and is a coach for the nonprofit Redline Volleyball Club, also located in the Battle Creek area.
Athletic scholarships are available under NJCAA rules, and we at KCC follow these regulations to the letter. For more information on availability of athletic scholarships, please contact the appropriate head coach or call the Athletic Department at 269-965-4151.
KCC is part of the Michigan Community College Athletic Association’s (MCCAA) Western Conference and is a member of the National Junior College Athletic Association’s (NJCAA) Region 12.
- Michigan Community College Athletic Association
- National Junior College Athletic Association
- NJCAA Region 12
Note: Playing women’s volleyball at KCC is at the discretion of the head coach. All decisions as to who plays women’s volleyball at KCC for the following academic year are made before Aug. 1. Individuals interested in playing women’s volleyball at KCC should contact the coach before that date at 269-965-4151.