Please note: The Kellogg Community College ARFF Program has been discontinued. Effective June 30, 2017, no ARFF training or related services will be provided. KCC is currently selling its ARFF trainer and related equipment. Click here to view the sale listing or to bid. For more information, please contact Workforce Solutions Director Levi Good at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kellogg Community College manages and operates a mobile Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting (ARFF) trainer that follows and complies with the FAA Advisory Circular 5210-17 for safe ARFF training.
KCC’s ARFF Program provides both classroom and hands-on training required under FAA Part 139 for airports meeting their annual FAA “hot drill” training requirements. The current ARFF course can meet the annual training requirements for Index A-E airports. Every third year, the index C-E must train at a fixed facility.
Utilizing the KCC mobile trainer saves valuable time and money by eliminating travel expenses and enabling your personnel to train using their own equipment. The simulator uses safe, controllable, environmentally acceptable propane fuel to provide a variety of realistic aircraft fire scenarios, including:
- Flammable liquid spills
- Engine fires
- Interior cabin fire
- Class C interior cockpit fire
- Wheel brake fires
Benefits of KCC’s Mobile ARFF Trainer
- Increase skills performance by practicing together as a team with your department’s equipment
- Eliminate travel costs for the team by using the mobile trainer at your airport site
- Allow personnel to train during duty hours to decrease overtime costs
- Invite mutual aid responders to train with your department
- Eight-hour courses include both classroom and hands-on training
- The high-tech mobile aircraft fire-training simulator provides “live” fire training onsite
- Additional training can be customized based on your airport, city or county needs
- Training is available anywhere in the continental U.S.
For more information, please contact ARFF Program Coordinator Joe Teixeira at 269-565-2826.