Michigan New Jobs Training Program (MNJTP)
The Michigan New Jobs Training Program (MNJTP) is a contract-training reimbursement program developed by the Michigan Community College Association (MCCA) and administered through Michigan community colleges. MNJTP is available to employers that are creating new full-time jobs in the state, and it can provide flexible funding to meet a variety of training and employee development needs. A wide range of training can be covered, from highly specialized/customized training to basic skills instruction:
- Adult basic education and job-related instruction
- Developmental, readiness, and remedial education
- Vocational and skill assessment services and testing
- Subcontracted services with public universities and colleges in Michigan, private colleges or universities, or any federal, state, or local departments or agencies
- Contracted professional services
- Training that happens at the company site, delivered by the employer’s corporate trainers
Funds to cover the costs of training are attained through a diversion of state withholding taxes generated by the wages of eligible new positions and deposited into a training account at the college. Businesses can gain a competitive edge through virtually cost-free training of their new employees.
For information on how to access MNJTP funding, please contact Workforce Solutions at 269-565-2828 or WorkforceSolutions@kellogg.edu.
Additional program information can be found at the Michigan Community College Association (MCCA) website.
Going PRO Talent Fund
The Going Pro Talent Fund is a workforce training grant program administered through Michigan Works! Southwest. The program provides competitive grant awards for the development and implementation of employer-responsive training that enhances skills, productivity, and employment retention, while increasing the quality and competitiveness of Michigan’s businesses.
For more information on how the Going Pro Talent Fund can benefit your company, visit Michigan Works! Southwest.