CompTIA Security+ certification designates knowledgeable professionals in the field of security, one of the fastest-growing fields in IT.
CompTIA Security+ is an international, vendor-neutral certification that demonstrates competency in:
- Network security
- Compliance and operational security
- Threats and vulnerabilities
- Application, data and host security
- Access control and identity management
- CompTIA Security+ not only ensures that candidates will apply knowledge of security concepts, tools, and procedures to react to security incidents, it ensures that security personnel are anticipating security risks and guarding against them.
- Candidate job roles include security architect, security engineer, security consultant/specialist, information assurance technician, security administrator, systems administrator, and network administrator. Organizations that employ CompTIA Security+ certified staff include Hitachi Information Systems (Japan), Trendmicro (Philippines), Lockheed Martin, the U.S. State Department, Prestariang Systems Sdn. Bhd. (Malaysia) and U.S. government contractors such as EDS, General Dynamics and Northrop Grumman. CompTIA Security+ is one of the options for certifications required by the U.S. Department of Defense, for military personnel or military contractors engaged in information assurance activities.
- CompTIA is an ANSI accredited Certifier – 0731. The CompTIA Security+ce program is included in the scope of this accreditation. The CompTIA Security+ certification may be kept current through the CompTIA Continuing Education program.
- New Security+ SY0-401 exam to launch in May, 2014. For the new exam objectives, go here
|Number of questions||Maximum of 100 questions|
|Type of questions||Multiple choice and performance-based|
|Length of test||90 minutes|
(on a scale of 100-900)
|Recommended experience||CompTIA Network+ certification and two years of technical networking experience, with an emphasis on security.|
|Languages||English, Korean, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese|
JK0-018 (for CompTIA Academy Partners only)
CET 250 is a three credit class and is suitable for students with medium to advanced computer hardware/software skills and knowledge.
For more information about the Security+ Certification, please contact
269.965.3931 Ext. 2273