Our in-service training is always on the leading edge. Our recognized specialties include SWAT, K-9, Firearms Instructor, Basic Crime Scene, Dignitary Protection, Emergency Vehicle Operations, and the Police Patrol Canine School.
Much of our in-service training is conducted through a grant with the Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES). MCOLES grants pay for 75% of the cost of training and the agencies pay the remaining 25%.
We continue to bring in training on a variety of topics from nationwide experts to accommodate the needs of our law enforcement community. If your department has specific training needs please contact the Criminal Justice office at any time and we will do our best to meet your needs.
All of our training is approved by MCOLES
and eligible for 302 funds.
December 11-12, 2013
Inconsistent reporting, policy, and training standards are the main reasons why agencies face liability. Documenting Force helps improve official report content quality and credibility, whereby limiting unnecessary scrutiny and litigation. Course materials are endorsed by the law firm of Smith Rogers, LLP and approved for POST credit in 30 states. Every participant receives our pocket-size Documenting Force publication and secure access to the phone application replica with dozens of report examples for use in the field.
During this course, participants receive information and instruction on how to:
- Organize, format, and collect field notes
- Use writing strategies that emphasize key points
- Review official reports for content, clarity, and accuracy
- Write official reports using quantifiable details to:
- Describe places, objects, and people
- Describe physical weapon tools
- Explain target, tool, and time decisions
Consortium Fee: $250
Non-Consortium Fee: $275