As you continue through the semester, you may want to review some key semester dates (semester start/end, holiday closures, etc.). You will want to check in with your department chair/director for additional key semester dates.
Semester Key Dates
- April 9: registration opens
- May 14: summer semester begins
- May 28: KCC closed for Memorial Day
- July 4: KCC closed for Independence Day
- August 8: summer semester ends
- August 9: grades due by 3:00 p.m.
- Oct. 30: registration opens
- Jan. 12: fall semester begins
- Jan. 15: KCC closed for Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- March 30: KCC closed for Good Friday
- April 2-7: KCC closed for Spring Break
- May 7: spring semester ends
- May 9: grades due by 3:00 p.m.
(check in with individual departments for specific date/time)
- May 10: Commencement
Professional Development Opportunities
Our adjunct committee and work groups are working hard to put together more professional development opportunities in a variety of modalities. The following are available immediately:
- Moodle training
Interested in using Moodle? Ron Coller offers training session (one-on-one or group).
- Advanced Moodle design
Would you like to add some visual appeal to your Moodle course? Not sure how or where to begin? Contact Tammy Douglas for assistance, tips, tricks and other Moodle fun.
- Instructional design and educational technology
Want to upgrade your course content, change out assignments or assessments, or improve engagement with students? Contact Tammy Douglas to set up a time to discuss various ways in which to apply instructional design techniques to upgrade your course.
Yammer is an internal social media option for information sharing and discussion. A special Adjunct Faculty section has been set up to collect and post adjunct specific items. If you are interested in learning more, contact Tammy Douglas.
Adjunct Team Site
Please take some time to visit our Adjunct Team Site, located within the KCC Portal. Once you are logged in to the portal, scroll down to the “My Team Sites” box located in the bottom center of the page. The “Adjunct Instructors” team site link should be visible. If you do not see or have access to the site, please let us know using our adjunct faculty email.