Faculty members may participate in health benefits or receive a cash-in-lieu payment. Vision, dental, life and LTD are provided for all employees in these groups. Part-time employees’ costs are pro-rated and coverage is effective on the employee’s hire date. Qualifying events (i.e. change in hours, loss of other coverage, or change in dependents) allow for a change in benefit elections within a thirty day time period from the date of the event. Please notify human resources (ext. 2369) of possible qualifying events within the thirty day time period, if not sooner, for further information.
Health, Dental, Vision , Life and Long Term Disability
Faculty insurance is covered by MESSA. There are three options for faculty to choose from. There is a $300/$600 deductible Choices II plan, an ABC 1 high deductible health plan with a $1,350/$2,700 deductible funded in full by the College, and an option to waive the health insurance for Cash in lieu of insurance but maintain the dental and vision coverage. Further information is available in the below documents.
- MESSA ABC Plan Highlights
- MESSA ABC 1350/2700 Summary of Benefits 2018
- MESSA Choices-Choices II Medical Plan Highlights
- MESSA Choices 300/600 Summary of Benefits 2018
- MESSA Delta Dental
- MESSA Vision Service Plan VPS3
- MESSA Term Life Insurance
- MESSA Long Term Disability Insurance
Delta Dental Plan year runs from July 1 – June 30.
VSP-3 Plan year runs from July 1 – June 30.
Medical Plan year runs from Jan. 1 – Dec. 31.
Health Savings Account (HSA)
Health Equity is the vendor that handles the MESSA high savings account. Their website can be located at
Flex Spending Account (FSA)
- Meritain Health Website
- A Guide to Your Flexible Spending Account 2018
- Registering Flex Spending Account
- FSA Claim Form
- Federally Required Notices
- Notice Regarding the Women’s Health and Cancer Rights Act of 1998
- Newborn Mothers Health Protection Act
- Children’s Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2009
- Privacy Notice