There is a Kellogg Community Federal Credit Union (KCFCU) ATM machine located on the College’s campus across from Financial Aid and the Business Office in the Student Center.
The Kellogg Community College Bookstore has a nice selection of items available for employee purchase. Bring your staff ID to identify yourself as a regular employee and you will get a 10% discount on new books and a 20% discount on supplies, clothing and cards. No discount on stamps, sale items, candy, or software. For more information call Catherine James at ext. 2573.
Regular employees of Kellogg Community College can purchase a computer for home use via payroll deduction. You can pay for your computer over a 24-month period – no interest. Contact Angela Cleveland at ext. 2545 for more information. See plan details.
Employee Assistance Program – HelpNet
Kellogg Community College contracts with HelpNet to provide no cost, confidential, short-term counseling for regular employees and their household members. View the helpnet_brochure.
- Marital and Family Issues
- Emotional Problems
- Legal and Financial Concerns
- Aging Parents
- Stress, Anxiety and Depression
- Life Enrichment Techniques
For more information, visit http://helpneteap.com. Contact HelpNet at 1-800-969-6162 to schedule an appointment. Call anytime, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Facilities Mail Service
Regular out-going mail USPS (United States Postal Service) – picked up with your department’s outgoing mail. Be sure you have placed correct postage on the envelope (stamps can be purchased at the Bookstore). For more information contact Sue Stacy at ext. 2424.
Free Microsoft Software for your home computer is available for check out at the Help Desk located in the Learning Resource Center. The software available includes:
- Microsoft Windows operating system
- Microsoft Office Suite
For more information, call the IS Help Desk at ext. 4148.
Notary services are provided free of charge to any regular Kellogg Community College employee. Contact Angela Cleveland at ext. 2545 or Barbara Burdick at ext. 2286 for information.
- Employee of the Semester Award: Regular employees can nominate their co-workers for exceeding expectations set for their position.
- Bruin Bravo: Have a co-worker, employee, boss or student worker that you want to thank for a job “well done”? Here’s your chance to send a note of appreciation to that person.
Recycling – Go Green!
You can recycle #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 PETE plastics. Bins are near the vending machines between “C” and Severin building, Student Center, 1st floor entrance of Roll, 2nd floor of Miller Gym and 1st floor of Davidson. You can also put glass and tin in these containers.
Paper and cardboard can be recycled, too. Bins specifically marked for recycling have been placed in each office area.
Enjoy an afternoon or evening of entertainment at Kellogg Community College’s Binda Performing Arts Center. Regular employees and their spouses can attend a quality performance for only $5.00 per ticket. Reserve a seat or two for the Fall Play or Spring Musical by calling the box office at ext. 4154. For more information call the Arts and Communication Department, ext. 2554.
Tuition – Free and Reduced
Kellogg Community College offers a tuition waiver for when you, your spouse or dependents take Kellogg Community College classes. Regular full-time and part-time employees may receive free tuition at Kellogg Community College. Part-time staff must have an employment status of at least 25% to be eligible. Contact Human Resources for more information.
- Miller College gives our regular employees, their spouses and unmarried, dependent children a 50% reduction in their tuition rate. Call ext. 2926 for more information.
- Siena Heights University gives our regular, full-time employees a 50% reduction in their tuition rate. Call ext. 2950 for more information.
Staff Tuition Reimbursement
- Support Staff: An employee may enroll in three (3) off-campus courses for up to a maximum of nine (9) credit hours per contract year. For more information refer to the support staff bargaining unit agreement.
- Faculty: Faculty who have completed courses related to their area(s) of responsibility or approved in advance by the Board, the Board shall pay the tuition costs and universally applied fees for credits completed at public institutions of higher education within the state of Michigan. For information refer to the faculty bargaining unit agreement.
- Administration: Full-time administrative staff are eligible for reimbursement for tuition, fees, and books for coursework taken at an accredited university or college. Reimbursement is limited to two (2) approved classes per semester (fall and spring) and one approved class during the summer session. Because of the wide variance in tuition costs, a cap for tuition per credit hour is determined each fiscal year. For more information call Angela Cleveland at ext. 2545.
Verizon Wireless Discount
With your Kellogg Community College employee discount you may be eligible to receive up to 19% off eligible plans and 25% off all accessories. For more information go to the Web Portal.
Regular employees of the College are eligible to participate in the One-to-One Wellness Program. The program includes a health survey, cholesterol and HDL-cholesterol screening, blood pressure measurement, glucose screening, individual fitness assessment and consultation. Email Tom Shaw at email@example.com or Holly McKee at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in participating. Also, check out the wellness page.