Below are a few articles on health topics:
- A cold vs. the flu
- Are you living your maximum life?
- Back in business: Dealing with back pain
- Five dimensions of wellness
- Weight training safety
H1N1 (Swine Flu): One of our priorities here at Kellogg Community College is the safety and security of our students and staff. If you believe you have the symptoms of a respiratory flu (fever, cough, sore throat, body aches, headache, chills, diarrhea, vomiting and fatigue), please see your health care provider immediately. Click on the following URL for a document about Swine Influenza and precautions for individuals to take to reduce their chances of getting Swine flu. We encourage you to review the document and take any necessary precautions to maintain your health.
- Student’s Guide about Swine Flu
- Influenza Resources
- Pandemic Family Planning Guide
- Seasonal Flu Shot Flier
- Coughing and Sneezing Etiquette
American College of Sports Medicine’s (ACSM) Fit Society Page Newsletter
The Learning Resource Center also has a wide variety of wellness-related resource materials. Visit www.kellogg.edu/services/library to search for books, articles and other wellness-related media resources.
Below are links to a variety of sites covering issues, including foods, exercise, health and diet.
- www.aarp.com – AARP’s Health Tips
- www.acefitness.org – American Council on Exercise
- www.americanheart.org – American Heart Association: Health & Fitness
- www.cdc.gov – Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- www.hungry-girl.com – Women’s Tips and Tricks for eating
- www.myfooddiary.com – Meal tracking, exercise log, body log and feedback
- www.prevention.com – A little bit of everything
- www.sparkpeople.com – Diet and Health
- www.spine-health.com – Spine health information, exercise
- www.webmd.com – A variety of Health and Wellness topics
- www.weightwatchers.com – Weight Watchers
- www.wellness.com – Health and Wellness information