KCC Alert Notifications is a notification system that allows Kellogg Community College to send time-sensitive messages to the mobile phones, email and/or pagers of their subscribers. In the event of a campus safety, weather and other emergencies, subscribers get notified immediately of the situation, wherever they are geographically.
You can sign up to receive FREE weather and security alerts for a specific KCC campus location or for all KCC campus locations. Alerts can be received via text message to a mobile phone or pager, by email or to a wireless PDA. To get started, read the instructions and fill out the form below.
- If you want to sign up for email alerts only, click the link on the bottom of this page and follow the directions.
- For text messaging alerts, follow the directions on the page. Create your username and password. Select the location(s) that you want to receive alerts for.
- Enter an opt-out by date (date you no longer want to receive notifications) from the drop down menu – set the opt-out date for the end of an academic year or semester).
- Enter your mobile number (phone or pager) and select the service provider from the pull down menu.
- Click the Create Account button, and you will go to a validation screen. Wait! Do not click on the validate button until you receive a test text message or page with the validation code.
- Enter the validation code you receive in the message in the appropriate menu box, and then click the validate button.
- Once you are successfully signed up, you can log in at any time to manage your account.
By going to the Bruin Portal and logging in to your account, you may opt-out of email/SMS/voice alerts, a particular group of alerts or the entire service. If you cannot access your account, reply to any text message from us or send a new text message to 79516 or 70359 with the word STOP as the first word of the message. This will remove you from all KCC Alert Notification text messages.