- Outlook Web App
- Error Message
- How to Use Your Email
- Spam & Storage Alerts
All current KCC employees will have an email account assigned. All employees are responsible for checking their email regularly and should be prepared to as part of college interaction.
Login to the Bruin Portal to view your email. If you are having issues logging in to the Bruin Portal, please visit http://www.kellogg.edu/helpdesk/employee/portal/.
“Could not Connect to KCC Exchange Using Your Credentials – Try Entering Your Credentials”
|Any time you change your password, it needs to be resynced with the Bruin Portal. If you see this error message, please follow the link “Try entering your credentials.”|
Select new email above the Folders list. A new message form opens in the reading pane.
To add recipients, type the name of anyone who is in your contacts folder or organization’s address list, or type the email address in the To or Cc box.
Type a subject. Put your name and class / section in the subject line, followed by the nature of the communication (John Smith ENGL 151-04 Illness).
Email Content – Message
- Enlarge the image for tips on emailing your professor.
To respond to an email, select Reply or Reply All at the top of the message. A new message will appear in the reading pane at the top of the old message.
To Forward an email, select Forward at the top of the message. A new message appears in the reading pane at the top of the old message. Be sure to enter in the email address you are forwarding the message to.
Attach a File
To add an attachment, select Insert at the top of the email message and browse / select the file you wish to attach.
Sync Your Email to a Mobile Device
SYNC – By setting up your KCC email on your mobile device, you are stating that you understand this technology exists and that the information on your phone could be lost if you or the KCC I.S. Department were to initiate a remote device wipe. If you do not want the KCC I.S. Department to have this ability, do not set up your device to sync with your KCC email account.
- You must use “Microsoft Exchange” or “Corporate Sync” depending on your device.
- If you see Domain\Username Enter Kellogg\k-ID, use your k-ID (e.g. k0123456). Your email address is your k-ID@kellogg.edu (e.g. email@example.com).
- Domain: kellogg.kcc
- Server: owa.kellogg.edu
By completing these steps, you will have the ability to sync your mail, contacts, and calendar.
If you need your password reset, please turn off your device(s) that have been synced to your account, they will lock your KCC account.
If you need assistance syncing your account, you may stop by the Help Desk.
Forwarding your email automatically to another email address can be useful when you are going away on vacation or using a different email address.
- Open your email, click on the Settings icon at the top right of the screen and select options.
- From the Options column, select Organize Email and click on the Plus icon to create a new rule for arriving messages.
- New Inbox Rule
- Give your rule a name (ex. Forward).
- When the message arrives, select Apply to all Messages.
- Select Redirect the Messages to.
- Another window will open asking for an email address that your email will be forwarded to. Enter the email address you wish to send your KCC email to.
- Click on the More Options link.
- Using the drop down menu, hover over the Move, Copy or Delete option and select Delete the Message. Finally, click on the Save button.
- A warning message will pop up asking you to confirm that the rule will apply to all future messages.
Phishing email messages, websites and phone calls are designed to steal money. Cybercriminals can do this by installing malicious software on your computer or stealing personal information off of your computer. Cybercriminals also use social engineering to convince you to install malicious software or hand over your personal information under false pretenses. They might email you, call you on the phone or convince you to download something off of a website.
KCC will not send you an email alerting you that your email is close to the storage limit. Microsoft has a built-in alert for email storage.
Click on the Settings icon at the top right of the screen and select options.
The easiest way to clean up space in your email is to sort by largest size, and then begin deleting emails that are no longer needed.