- Outlook Web App
- Error Message
- How to use Email
- Spam & Storage Alerts
All currently enrolled students or financial aid applicants will have an email account assigned. All KCC students are responsible for checking their email regularly and should be prepared to as part of student/college interaction.
Login to the Bruin Portal to view your email. If you are having issues logging in to the Bruin Portal, please visit http://www.kellogg.edu/helpdesk/student/portal-support-pages/
Could not connect to KCC Exchange using your credentials – Try entering your credentials
|Any time you change your password it needs to be resynced with the Bruin Portal. If you see this error message please click on the link “Try entering your credentials”.|
Select new email above the Folders list. A new message form opens in the reading pane.
To add recipients, type the name of anyone who is in your contacts folder or organization’s address list. Or type the email address in the To or Cc box.
Email Content – Message (tips for emailing your professor are in the image)
To Respond to an email message, select Reply or Reply all at the top of the message, a new message appears in the reading pane at the top of the old message.
To Forward an email message, select Forward at the top of the message, a new message appears in the reading pane at the top of the old message, be sure to enter in the email address you are forwarding the message too.
Attach a file
To add an attachment, select Insert at the top of the email message and browse to the file you want to attach.
Sync your email to a Mobile Device
SYNC – By setting up your KCC email on your mobile device you are stating that you understand this technology exists and that the information on your phone could be lost if you or the KCC I.S. Department were to initiate a remote device wipe. If you do not want the KCC I.S. Department to have this ability, do not set up your device to sync with your KCC email account.
- You must use “Microsoft Exchange” or “Corporate Sync” depending on your device
- Username your k-id – k0123456 if you see Domain\Username enter kellogg\k-id
- Email address is your firstname.lastname@example.org (email@example.com)
- Domain: kellogg.kcc
- Server: owa.kellogg.edu
You will have the ability to sync Mail, Contacts, & Calendar
If you need your password reset, please turn off your device(s) that have been synced to your account, they will lock your KCC account.
If you would like help syncing your account you may stop by the Help Desk an we will do our best to assist you in this process.
Forwarding your email automatically to another email address can be useful when you are going away on vacation or using a different email address.
- Open your email, click on the Settings icon (gear) at the top right of the screen and select options
- From the options Column, select organize email and click on the Plus icon to create a new rule for arriving messages
- New Inbox Rule
- Give your rule a name (ex. Forward)
- When the message arrives, and: Select Apply to all messages
- Do the Following: Select Redirect the messages to…
- Another window will open asking for an email address that your email will be forwarded too. Enter the email address you wish to send your KCC email to, such as yahoo, gmail, aol, hotmail…
- Click on the More Options link.
- Using the drop down menu, hover over the Move, copy or delete option and select Delete the message. Finally, click on the Save button. Forward your email.
- A warning message will pop up asking you to confirm that the rule will apply to all future messages.
Phishing email messages, websites, and phone calls are designed to steal money. Cybercriminals can do this by installing malicious software on your computer or stealing personal information off of your computer. Cybercriminals also use social engineering to convince you to install malicious software or hand over your personal information under false pretenses. They might email you, call you on the phone, or convince you to download something off of a website.
KCC will not send you an email letting you know that your email box is close to the storage limit. Microsoft has a built in alert for email storage.