Kellogg Community College's Learning Resource Center Computer Commons is a general-purpose area for use by KCC students in pursuit of their academic studies. KCC Staff and faculty are welcome to use the commons, though students are given the highest priority.
Kassie Dunham, Librarian, Electronic Resources/Systems
Phone: 269.965.4122 ext. 2613
- The computer commons provides computer hardware, software, and Internet access for your use. The library staff can assist you with selecting appropriate software and instruct on how to access software programs.
- The IS Help Desk staff may be able to answer some additional basic questions. However, usually you will be referred to online help, textbook support, or encouraged to speak to your course instructor for further assistance.
- The Computer Commons has five (5) black and white laser printers. Three (3) are located in the main aisle of the commons. One (1) is on the North side of the building on level three, and one is located on level four.
- Current KCC students are provided with free printing services for course-related, instructional work. Printing should be limited to essential course work. If multiple copies are needed, please use the photocopy machine available near the Commons. Contact the Library staff if you have a large print job. Abuse of the printing service will result in the loss of this free service. Please consider the environment as well when printing materials.
- We offer theMicrosoft Office Suite, Internet Explorer, and other specific software programs dedicated to instructional use.
- Two (2) scanners are available in the Commons. For assistance using the scanners, please contact Library staff.
- One (1) computer is available for use by registered community users. See the Library Check-Out for information.
Please respect the needs of others:
- In courtesy to all computer users, you are asked to work and talk quietly by observing the need for a quiet study atmosphere.
- You are asked to turn off all cell phone ringers or set to vibrate and use cell phones in the study rooms or hallway.
- Audio equipment, computers or personal players must be used with headphones and volume must be kept at a level that is not audible to others. Headphones are available for checkout at the Library Check-Out Desk.
- The College's computers shall not be used to harass, intimidate, or create an offensive environment for other computer users.
The Common's food/drink policy:
- In order to minimize potential damage to computer equipment, only beverages with spillproof lids and dry packaged snack foods are welcome in the computer commons (e.g., bottled water or pop, candy bars, or pretzels).
- Please enjoy all other food items in the Student Center (e.g., sandwiches, burgers, fries, or muffins).
- Please clean up before you leave; throw away any wrappers and cups.
Personal property left unattended:
- For your security, any personal property (e.g., books, backpacks, clothing, etc.) should not be left unattended at any time.