Lending LibraryThe KCC Early Childhood Education Program is hosting a Lending Library of young children's books. The literacy tote bags will:
- Empower parents and caregivers to teach their children
- Make it easier for busy parents to become involved in their child's learning
- Help parents understand the importance of reading and interacting with their children
- 3 young children's books recommended by the High Scope Foundation and local literacy teachers
- Learning experiences using commonly found home items that parents, teachers and caregivers will be able to use to extend stories
- Simple strategies to promote literacy in young children
The literacy tote bags are available to any resident of Calhoun County in the state of Michigan. To check out a tote contact the Emory Morris Learning Resource Center on the campus of Kellogg Community College at 269.965.4122.