Students who enroll at Kellogg Community College with the intention of transferring to a baccalaureate college or university need to:
- Meet with a KCC academic advisor to discuss an intended major, degree requirements, general education and transferability of courses.
- Obtain a Transfer Guide developed by the transfer institutions to assist students through the transfer process.
- Learn to use the Michigan Transfer Network to verify transferability of KCC courses.
- Evaluate transfer institutions to learn about entrance and degree requirements.
- Visit and meet with an advisor at the transfer institution.
- Apply early and meet deadlines for financial aid, scholarships and housing at the transfer institution.
- Request to have KCC transcripts sent to the transfer institution.
In Michigan, community colleges and universities maintain the MACRAO/MTA Transfer Agreement, which is designed to facilitate transfer from community colleges to baccalaureate colleges and universities. The agreement provides for transfer-ability of up to 30 semester credits to meet many, and in some cases all, of the General Education requirements at participating Michigan four-year colleges and universities. Students may complete the MACRAO Transfer Agreement as part of an associate degree or as a stand-alone package.