While ensuring the academic integrity of its programs, Kellogg Community College is dedicated to providing the reasonable accommodations needed to ensure equal access to educational opportunities for individuals with verified disabilities. Disability services are provided to students who self-disclose a disability to the Support Services Department and provide appropriate documentation.
- Provide disability documentation to Support Services. Documentation must be provided by a licensed professional, with specific knowledge of both the individual and the disability, and include: diagnosis, method of diagnosis, how the disability affects one or more major life function and recommendations for academic accommodations in a college setting.
- Print this letter and provide it to the appropriate health professional in order to assist in obtaining disability documentation.
- At the time of your documentation submission, please discuss with a Support Services professional what accommodations you deem appropriate and effective in assisting you in fully participating in the educational environment.
- Support Services will fully evaluate the request, utilizing the documentation provided, your discussion with Support Services, and Support Services’ knowledge of the educational environment and will notify you of the determination via KCC email.
- Each semester email notification of reasonable accommodations will be provided to eligible registered students and their instructors via KCC email.
- Speak directly with each of your instructors every semester in order to make arrangements to utilize your accommodations. In some instances your instructor will be able to provide the accommodations directly. However, at other times you and your instructor may also need to coordinate your accommodations with the Support Services Department.
- If at anytime you determine that your accommodations are not sufficiently assisting you in fully participating in the educational environment, please contact Support Services immediately to review current services and determine if additional services are necessary.
For more information contact Support Services at 269-965-4150 or firstname.lastname@example.org.