Tutoring is individualized assistance from a qualified peer or professional who obtained a level of competency in the subject area.
When Do I Need Tutoring?
Discuss course concerns with your instructor
- After following suggestions request a tutor if you still need help
- If your instructor recommends tutoring – request a tutor
What is the tutoring policy?
- You must be a KCC student
- You must be currently enrolled in the class you are requesting tutoring for
- You have met course prerequisites
- You have attended class regularly
- You have talked with your professor – (to provide the best assistance, we may also contact your professor)
- Weekly tutoring hours may not exceed total credit hours of the course
- If you miss two tutoring sessions without prior notification, your tutoring will be canceled
- Behavior problems may result in termination of tutoring services
- All tutoring MUST take place in a public setting
- We will do our best to accommodate all requests. It is important to note that not all tutoring is done one-to-one. You may also be in a session with more than one student in the same course.
Free tutoring is also available at The Bridge!
For the latest tutoring schedule, SU.14-Open-Lab-Schedule.
- Attend class regularly
- Work individually with your instructor during office hours
- Do all course homework prior to class
- Take good notes during lectures Visit The Bridge for assistance with note taking and study skills
- Tape record lectures (per professor permission)
- Form a study group w/others in your class
- Practice effective time management Set goals, prioritize, organize & plan ahead (use a schedule or calendar)
- Use Resources Available to you Classmates, coworkers, family & friends. Kellogg Community College provides several options for students as well, which include: Learning Resource Center, The Bridge, Support Services
- Get comfortable with technology
- Time management and research are a big part of student life, understanding how to properly use technology will create much better use of your time
- KCC offers free academic workshops to help you brush up on computer basics. Feel free to attend as many of these workshops as you’d like.
Phone: 269-965-3931 ext. 2392