The purpose of the Threat Assessment and Behavior Intervention Team (TABI) is to promote a safe academic and work environment; to review cases, address high-risk situations, and take appropriate actions; and to propose and review policies.
Charge/Purpose of TABI
- Establish and maintain early intervention strategies.
- Provide proper and appropriate threat and behavior assessment.
- Evaluate lines of communication to ensure those remain open and fluid.
- Provide clear and direct communication resources for individuals to express concern.
- Provide education with regard to safety, the reporting of threats, and alternative support resources.
- Develop strategies that are scalable, flexible, adaptive, and able to incorporate a variety of relevant resources.
- Build partnerships with departments, organizations and agencies to address potential threats on campus.
- Scan the national, state, and local environments for the latest trends.
Incidents reported through the Report an Incident page are reviewed by the TABI team and responded to accordingly.