Honors ProgramThe Honors Program offers academically-talented students an alternative way to complete general education requirements. Honors Program students have unique opportunities for academic challenge as well as interaction with other motivated students and Honors faculty through coursework and fellowship activities. The Honors Program promotes leadership and fosters partnerships and mentoring between students and faculty. Honors students are as unique and varied as the scholarly, artistic, humanitarian and societal passions that spark their intellect. What unites them is the excitement of working and studying with outstanding instructors and other talented students.
Benefits of joining the Honors Program:
- Attract transfer institutions and increase scholarship opportunities
- Conference and field trip opportunities
- Direct transfer into the Lee Honors College at Western Michigan University
- Honors designation on transcripts
High School Students -
- High school GPA of 3.5 or higher and ACT composite of 24 or higher; or,
- Be a recipient of a Gold Key or Board of Trustees scholarship
- Minimum, cumulative GPA of 3.5 and 12 completed credits
- Combined transfer GPA of 3.5 or higher and 12 completed credits
To fulfill the Honors Program requirements, students have the option of fulfilling an honors contract in most KCC courses. An honors contract is a mechanism for adding an "honors dimension" to any regular KCC course by contracting with the instructor to complete additional coursework and receive honors designation. Students interested in developing an honors contract should contact individual instructors at the start of the semester to discuss options.
Students interested in completing an honors contract should begin by downloading a copy of this form and following the instructions outlined on the form. Honors Contract