Read on for more information to help before applying!
Welcome to Kellogg Community College! Whether you are working toward an associate degree, certificate, or transfer credits, KCC offers programs and scholarships designed to help you succeed. If you are interested in applying for a scholarship, please read the information on this page and in the links below.
A variety of scholarships are available through the KCC Foundation to students based on financial need, academic achievement and/or field of study. These scholarships are funded by generous contributions from individuals, businesses and organizations. Scholarships provide varying amounts of financial support.
KCC Foundation scholarships include:
- Board of Trustees Scholarships
- General Scholarships
- Gold Key Scholarships
- Nurse Aide Certification Testing Scholarships
- Transfer Scholarships
Are you looking to apply for an additional scholarship, request a change in your status, request a first dollar scholarship, or transfer scholarships between semesters? Click here for those forms.
To apply for a scholarship, you may:
- Be a new or returning student
- Be a full time or part time student
- Reside in or out of district
- Fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (while this is highly encouraged, it is not required to apply for KCC Foundation scholarships.)
To apply for a scholarship, you must:
- Have an Admission Application on file with the KCC Admissions Office
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 (some scholarships require a GPA of higher than 2.0.)
- If you have below a 2.0 GPA, you may be considered for scholarships if you have a letter of recommendation from a KCC Faculty member, counselor, or Financial Aid staff member.
The scholarship application for 2021-2022 is now open. Here is the application process:
- Visit this site to apply.
- Once completed with your application, click submit at the bottom and make sure your application was completed. This will submit your application to all the scholarship opportunities that you are eligible for.
- Click the Opportunities tab at the top and see if there are any additional recommended scholarships. If there are, complete those additional questions to be considered for even more scholarships.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please call 269-965-4161 or email to email@example.com
Each application is reviewed and scored by members of a scholarship team consisting of KCC faculty, staff, retirees and volunteers. Scholarship awards are based, in part, on the application score, so applicants are encouraged to submit a complete and thorough application. Incomplete applications may not be considered for scholarships.
Applicants will be considered for all KCC Foundation scholarships, especially those most aligned with their career and academic goals, and meet the criteria established by the scholarship donors. Meeting the application requirements and scholarship criteria does not guarantee you will receive a scholarship.
Scholarship awards will be credited to the student’s financial aid account and can be used for tuition, fees, books, and (in some instances, required course supplies).
Unused awards will not be refunded. KCC employees, spouses and dependents are not eligible.
You can view a full list of the KCC Foundation Scholarship funds we administer, organized by Program of Study, here.
At Kellogg Community College, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where we foster respect for others and our differences, support cultural understanding, demonstrate ethical behavior and champion social justice. We will accomplish this by:
- Deepening our understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion through learning, engagement with others and personal reflection;
- Valuing the lived experiences and perspectives of others while nurturing and understanding the differences between us;
- Rejecting all forms of prejudice, discrimination and racism; and
- Advancing integrity, justice and civility among and between us.
Phi Theta Kappa Dues Grant
Students that have been invited to join the KCC chapter of Phi Theta Kappa, but are not yet members yet, can apply for assistance with the $80.00 membership fee. In order to apply for this scholarship, please contact Student Life.
- Be invited to join Phi Theta Kappa and not yet be a member
- Demonstrate financial need
- Be eligible to receive a Federal Pell Grant