Applications for Spring 2022 will be open from August 1 through September 15, 2021.
Welcome to Kellogg Community College! Whether you are working toward an associate degree, certificate, or transfer credits, KCC offers programs and scholarships designed to help you succeed. If you are interested in applying for a scholarship, please read the information on this page and in the links below. Application deadline dates vary. The majority of scholarship funds are awarded during the Spring prior to the start of a new academic year. Therefore, funds may be limited or not available for summer semester or at other times in the year.
A variety of scholarships are available through the KCC Foundation to students based on financial need, academic achievement and/or field of study. These scholarships are funded by generous contributions from individuals, businesses and organizations. Scholarships provide varying amounts of financial support.
Please note: dependents of KCC employees are not eligible for Gold Key, Board of Trustees, or General KCC Foundation Scholarships.
KCC Foundation scholarships include:
- Board of Trustees Scholarships
- General Scholarships
- Gold Key Scholarships
- Nurse Aide Certification Testing Scholarships
- Transfer Scholarships
Here is a list of scholarships, organized by program of study.
Here is a PDF of a presentation on KCC Foundation scholarships.
Here is a list of the Scholarship Application Questions.
Are you looking to request a change in your status, request a first dollar scholarship, or transfer scholarships between semesters? Those forms can be found lower on this page.
To apply for a scholarship, you may:
- Be a new or returning student
- Be a full time or part time student
- Reside in or out of district
- Fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (while this is highly encouraged, it is not required to apply for KCC Foundation scholarships.)
To apply for a scholarship, you must:
- Have an Admission Application on file with the KCC Admissions Office (be sure to allow the Admissions office a few days to process Admission application). A KCC ID number is required to submit a scholarship application.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 (some scholarships require a GPA of higher than 2.0.)
- If you have below a 2.0 GPA, you may be considered for scholarships if you have a letter of recommendation from a KCC Faculty member, counselor, or Financial Aid staff member.
Here is the application process:
- Visit Academic Works to apply.
- Once completed with your application, click submit at the bottom and make sure your application was completed. This will submit your application to all the scholarship opportunities that you are eligible for.
- Click the Opportunities tab at the top and see if there are any additional recommended scholarships. If there are, complete those additional questions to be considered for even more scholarships.