The application for Fall 2022-Spring 2023 opened December 13, 2021; the deadline for this scholarship was March 1, 2022. Students that applied by this deadline have been notified of their status. To check your status, log into the Scholarship Portal.
Graduating high school seniors within the Kellogg Community College district are eligible to participate in the Board of Trustees Scholarship Program. This Scholarship Program is a unique, cohort-based program that supports your academic endeavors while also providing customized leadership and development experiences paired with individualized connections with KCC faculty and staff.
The Board of Trustees Scholarship Program also awards up to $3,500 for one academic year and can be renewed for a second year at KCC if recipient maintains program eligibility and scholarship responsibilities (see below). Acceptance of this scholarship nullifies all other scholarship offers from the KCC Foundation.
All scholarships are given equal consideration by a scholarship committee appointed by the KCC Foundation. This committee will review the applicant’s academic records, school and community service activities, and volunteer experiences. They may also choose to conduct personal interviews. At the completion of the review process, the committee will nominate one graduating senior from each eligible high school. Financial need is not a criterion for the Board of Trustees Scholarship.
- Have an Admission Application on file with the KCC Admissions Office (be sure to allow a few days for Admissions to process the application). A KCC ID number is required to submit a scholarship application. If you are currently a dual enrolled student, you will need to apply for Admission to KCC.
- Be graduating in the same academic year as application submission (2022 graduate) from one of the following area schools/districts:
- Battle Creek Academy
- Battle Creek
- Calhoun Christian
- Calhoun Community
- Harper Creek
- Marshall Academy
- St. Philip Catholic Central
- Union City
- Achieve a high school cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Demonstrate leadership experience, school involvement, community service activity and volunteerism.
The application for the 2022-2023 academic year opened on December 13, 2021 and was due March 1, 2022 by midnight.
- Visit Academic Works to apply.
- Once completed with your application, click submit at the bottom and make sure your application was completed. This will submit your application to all the scholarship opportunities that you are eligible for.
- Click the Opportunities tab at the top and see if there are any additional recommended scholarships. If there are, complete those additional questions to be considered for even more scholarships.
Second Year Board of Trustee Renewals
- In order to renew your scholarship for the second year, you needed to complete an application by March 1, 2022. If you missed this deadline, please contact Student Life to discuss next steps.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please call 269-965-4161 or email to [email protected]