Graduating high school seniors within the Kellogg Community College district are eligible to receive the Board of Trustees Scholarship. All scholarships are given equal consideration by a scholarship committee appointed by the KCC Foundation. This committee will review the applicant’s academic records, school and community service activities, and volunteer experiences. They may also choose to conduct personal interviews. At the completion of the review process, the committee will nominate one graduating senior from each eligible high school. Financial need is not a criterion for the Board of Trustees Scholarship.
The Board of Trustees Scholarship awards up to $3,500 for one academic year and can be renewed for a second year at KCC if recipient maintains program eligibility and scholarship responsibilities. Acceptance of this scholarship nullifies all other scholarship offers from the KCC Foundation.
- Have an Admission Application on file with the KCC Admissions Office (be sure to allow a few days for Admissions to process the application). A KCC ID number is required to submit a scholarship application.
- Be graduating in the same academic year as application submission (2022 graduate) from one of the following area schools/districts:
- Battle Creek Academy
- Battle Creek
- Calhoun Christian
- Calhoun Community
- Harper Creek
- Marshall Academy
- St. Philip Catholic Central
- Union City
- Achieve a high school cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher.
- Demonstrate leadership experience, school involvement, community service activity and volunteerism.
The application for the 2022-2023 academic year will open on December 15, 2021 and is due March 1, 2022 by midnight.
- Visit Academic Works to apply.
- Once completed with your application, click submit at the bottom and make sure your application was completed. This will submit your application to all the scholarship opportunities that you are eligible for.
- Click the Opportunities tab at the top and see if there are any additional recommended scholarships. If there are, complete those additional questions to be considered for even more scholarships.
Second Year Board of Trustee Renewals
- In order to renew your scholarship for the second year, you’ll need to complete an application by March 1, 2022.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please call 269-965-4161 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org