The Honors Program offers academically talented students an alternative way to complete general education requirements. Honors Program students have unique opportunities for academic challenge as well as interaction with other motivated students and Honors Program faculty through coursework and fellowship activities. The Honors Program promotes leadership and fosters partnerships and mentoring between students and faculty. Honors students are as unique and varied as the scholarly, artistic, humanitarian and societal passions that spark their intellect. What unites them is the excitement of working and studying with outstanding instructors and other talented students.
Please complete the Honors Application and follow instructions on the Essay Responses. Both documents can be saved and emailed to Honorsprogram@kellogg.edu to be reviewed!
Benefits of Joining the Honors Program
- Attract transfer institutions and increase scholarship opportunities
- Conference and field trip opportunities
- Honors designation on transcripts and Honors regalia at commencement
High School students
- High school GPA of 3.5 or higher and minimum of ACT composite of 24 or SAT composite of 1160
Current KCC students
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher and 12 completed credits
- Combined incoming transfer GPA of 3.5 or higher and 12 completed college-level credits
Faculty Perspective of Honors Program: Honors coursework at KCC offers opportunities for committed and qualified students to push themselves intellectually by joining a community of learners who value academic rigor and immersive learning experiences. Students in these courses don’t necessarily do more work; they do better work. As such, the expectations for quality and depth are usually higher, with students finding inspiration and motivation from not only their peers but from the more intimate learning environment. In short, honors courses tend to inspire, motivate, and foster learning in rich and rewarding ways. – Professor Matt Samra
Integrative Learning Department