The Community Integrated Paramedic Program at Kellogg Community College improves access to health care in rural and remote communities by expanding the role of qualified paramedics.
Community paramedics provide:
- Better Access to healthcare for rural and remote communities
- Paramedics working alongside other healthcare professionals without overlapping roles
- Fewer hand-offs between healthcare professionals
- Fewer gaps in healthcare services
- Fewer unnecessary 911 calls and trip to the ER
- Recruiting and retaining paramedics in communities with low call volumes
The Community Integrated Paramedic program is intended for licensed paramedics interest in serving their communities in an expanded roll as a Community Paramedic. Benefits of this state-approved hybrid course:
- Combines online and in-person training to accommodate schedules
- Is taught by subject matter experts
- Hands-on Point-of-Care training in i-STAT, Piccolo and Ultrasound
- Mobile training unit and ability to host labs/sims throughout the State
- 110 hours clinical hours
- Eligibility to take the Internal Board of Specialty Certification (IBSC) exam
For more information, contact:
Professor Larry Wagner, EMT-P, CCEMT-P, EMS I/C, BA, MA
Kellogg Community College Public Safety Education
450 North Avenue
Battle Creek, MI 49017
|Required Community Integrated Paramedic Courses|
|EMT 297: Community Integrated Paramedic|
|EMT 298: Community Integrated Paramedic Clinical|
Upcoming Community Integrated Paramedic Courses
January 18 – May 3, 2022
Lecture: Online with weekly zoom meetings
Lab: TBD based on enrollment
Clinical Times/Locations TBD
If you are a current KCC Student, meaning you’ve taken a course in the last year and have not graduated, you can register for any course through the Bruin Portal.
If you are not a current student, you must first complete a quick application to KCC to be able to register for courses.
How to apply to KCC
- Go to www.kellogg.edu/apply
- Click on a New or Returning Student link to log in
- Click the Forms button
- Click the KCC Application button
- Complete the form as requested. NOTE: If you receive a red error box, follow the instructions provided.
- Your address should match what is listed on your government ID.
- For the first question in the Academic Information section, choose the Lifelong Learning/Personal Interest option
- Add the semester you will be completing your course.
- Submit your application
- You will then receive an email with links to log-in to your account and submit your government ID.
How to Register for Community Integrated Paramedic Classes
- Go to www.kellogg.edu and click on the Bruin Portal link
- Enter your K-ID (K with 7 numbers) and password
- If you don’t have your K-ID, click on the Look up KCC username link at the bottom of the page
- If you don’t remember your password, or have never logged in before, click the Recover Password or Activate Account link at the bottom of the page
- If you need more assistance, please contact the Help Desk at 269-965-4148 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click on the Academics link on the left. Under Student Planning, select Plan and Schedule.
- Use the search bar to search for your course.
- Click on the View Available Sections for (your course) link. Find the section you want, and click Add section to schedule.
- Click Back to Plan & Schedule to return to your schedule.
- Click the Register Now button to complete your registration.
- If you are unable to register, please contact the Registration office directly at 269-965-5522.
Payments can be made in full through the Bruin Portal or by calling the Registration Office at 269-965-5522. A payment plan can also be set up through the NelNet Payment Plan at KCC.
If your employer will be paying for your course, a letter of intent should be sent to the business office prior to registration.
This letter should include:
- Department Letterhead
- Billing Information, including Name, Address, Phone Number and Email
- A list of all students included, with Name and Date of Birth (for verification)
- A paragraph that includes text of the company sponsorship for each student for tuition, fees, and books for the specific semester and course (eg. Spring 2021 EMT 292-01)
- A Tax ID can be provided, if available, for tax exempt purchase of books in the Bruin Bookstore.
- Submit by email to email@example.com