Welcome to Kellogg Community College’s Financial Aid homepage! We are currently available for walk-in services in the Hub Enrollment Center, located in the Student Center of the Battle Creek Campus. Please see our available hours below.
Regular office Walk-in hours:
Monday-Thursday: 8:00 am-5:00 pm
Fridays (August): 9:00 am-12:00 pm
Fridays (September – May): 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Fridays (May-July) CLOSED
Services available in the Financial Aid Office:
- Get assistance with completing the FAFSA
- Ask questions about scholarships or how to apply
- Discuss your current financial aid status
- Speak with the Certifying Veteran Affairs Official/Representative
- Understand your Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) status
- Speak with a Financial Aid Representative
Click on the image above for our Reconnect Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) document.
Michigan Future for Frontliner’s Click on the image to the right for our Futures for Frontliner’s Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) document.
Further information on the Michigan Futures for Frontliners and Reconnect scholarship programs visit our webpage:
The Michigan Equity, Courage, Hope, and Opportunity (ECHO) Scholarship. This scholarship is only for people who cannot access federal financial aid and who worked on the frontlines during the COVID-19 pandemic. The candidate must be eligible for acceptance into a certificate or associate degree program and cannot have earned an associate or bachelor’s degree in any country.Click on the image below for full scholarship requirements and application instructions
FAFSA Applications for financial aid should be received at least 60 days prior to the first enrollment semester each year to guarantee eligible funds for the start of that semester.
Notice: The Financial Aid Department will provide the majority of communications via The Financial Aid Self Service System through the Bruin Portal and also via your KCC student email. Please become familiar with how to access your email.
Submitting Required Documentation for Financial Aid
Completed and signed verification documents can be submitting to our office virtually by taking a photo of your documentation in jpeg, PNG, or PDF formatting, and emailing it to our office at email@example.com or by faxing to 269-966-4089. Documentation can also be submitted in person, in the Hub Enrollment Center. There is also a drop box located at the Student Center entrance for documents submitted before or after our regular hours, or you can mail them to: Kellogg Community College, Financial Aid Office, 450 North Ave, Battle Creek, MI 49017.
Upcoming Financial Aid Deadlines
- 11/10/21: Spring Priority Processing Deadline (ALL docs submitted)
- 3/25/22: Spring-Only Loan Request Deadline
- 4/1/22: Spring SAP Appeal Deadline
- 4/11/22: Summer Priority Processing Deadline (ALL docs submitted)
- 6/10/22: Summer-Only Loan Request Deadline
- 6/27/22: Summer SAP Appeal Deadline
Get Financial Aid Notifications Online
Click here for information on how notifications are sent from the Financial Aid office.
Financial Aid and Textbooks
Books will be available in the Bruin Bookstore prior to the beginning of the semester. Students are able to apply or charge their book cost to their awarded financial aid. The LAST day financial aid students may charge their books to their financial aid are:
- Spring 2022: 2/04/2022
- Summer 2022: 6/06/2022
All loans that are awarded for the Fall and Spring semesters will be split into multiple disbursements. If you have been awarded a fall and spring loan, your loan will be split into 4 equal disbursements; 2 in the Fall and 2 in the Spring.
- 9/24/21: Fall Refund for Grants and Scholarships
- 10/8/21: Fall Refund for First half of all Fall Loans
- 10/29/21: Fall Refund for Second half of Loans
- 2/1/22: Spring Refund for Grants, Scholarships, First half of Spring-Only loans
- 2/25/22: Spring Refund for First half of First time loan borrower loans
- 3/11/22: Spring Refund for Second half of Loans
Reminder – Electronic deposits of financial aid refunds may take 3-5 business days to be processed and deposited into the bank accounts designated by students.
Office Contact Information