All Financial Aid updates and notifications are sent electronically. An email will be sent to students’ KCC email account providing a web link to the Financial Aid Self-Service System through the Bruin Web Portal. The email notification may include links to other websites with pertinent information related to your awards. The Financial Aid Self-Service System will assist students in managing their Financial Aid Package from submission to completion. To access this information, every student must have an active admissions application submitted and their KCC student ID and password (usually a 6-digit date of birth unless changed after first log-in attempt).
In the Financial Aid Self-Service System, under the Required Documents section, web links for the required documents are provided for easy access. Please print all documents, complete them with required signatures, and submit them to the Financial Aid Office. Other documentation, such as tax information, may be requested and must be submitted to the Financial Aid Office for processing and awarding. Make sure you can access the Self-Service System and your KCC student email account and check it frequently.
All new students (students who have never registered for classes at Kellogg Community College) must complete the Online Admission Application to receive a Username and Password and a KCC student email account.
To view a checklist of documents requested by the Financial Aid Office marked “Received” or “Incomplete”:
- Go to the KCC Homepage
- Sign in to the Bruin Web Portal using your KCC username and password
- Select Financial Aid Self-Service from the KCC Self-Service Center Menu
- Click on complete required documents
To access your Financial Aid Award Letter in the Self-Service System:
- Under the Financial Aid heading, click on Award Letter
- View your current Financial Aid Award Letter – (if no award letter is available, the message “Your award letter is not available at this time” will be displayed).
- Accept your award letter. Read the Terms & Conditions if you are approving your financial aid package.
Students who do not have a home computer may access this information from the KCC library or any other computer with Internet access.